Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting Down To "Crunch Time" >

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

No where near crunch time here neither. Once the 1st week of December hits and I'm not having much luck seeing bucks I'll then start to get nervous and "cold".
Old 10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Definitely picking up after this week. Going to be a late rut up here in Wisconsin. Just happens to coincide with my 5 day weekend that kicks off Nov 6th. I cant wait. Just starting to see bucks work scrapes now. I'm glad the 4 day antlerless hunt is over and done with too.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

In a month, I won'tbe sweating, I will be crying. Cause it will be over till January.
I can understand. We just have two 2 day gun hunts here Nov. 7-8 and Nov. 15-16 and you can bowhunt during gun season.Our season runs until Feb. 28. Plus I have a Missouri license and I am going to NE Indiana Nov. 4-9 so I am still pretty optimistic. Where I hunt in MO I don't expect the hunting to get really good until they flood the timber and weed out some of the hunters. Next weekend through the middle of Dec. should be good....
Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

It’s no where near crunch time.
Ask me this question the night of November 1th and see what my answer is.

I am not confident, nor am I in a panic. I will get out and hunt every chance I get, and attempt to put myself in the best position I can to shoot a mature buck each time.(starting this weekend, still on doe duty this week) After that, there is nothing else that can be done.
Good way of looking at it. I suppose I need to have more confidence in my spots. I know it's not all about getting a deer on the ground, but I've eaten buck tag soup too many years now.[8D]
Old 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what it looks like for you people that haven't scored yet.Just so you know what you are looking for.lbums/ee331/usedcartman/DSCN1945.jpg]
Old 10-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

Crunch time???

I don't even start getting serious until the last week of Oct.

I love hunting the entire month of Nov.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not worried at all. I've still got the remaining weeks of PA's season and 2 weeks beyond that in MD. There is a particular buck that I would like to tag in the next 2 weeks because he will be much harder to track down once he starts chasing does. If I don't get him though, I know there are other good bucks that I would be just as happy with.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just want to feed my belly. I have alot of season left, but my hunting spot just dont hold that many deer, and I ate tag soup last year. I have been hunting since the middle of September, and I have yet to have ANYTHING even close enough to shoot. But I know that it will be picking up around here in the next couple of weeks, so I have my fingers crossed.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since this is only the third day of our season here in western NY, I am pretty confident I will score. Time will tell, but I did see deer on my first sit of the season.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm having a blast. Being super aggressive so I can learn a few more tricks and getting right into the thick of things.

It's been fun.. and the rut will be soon.. and I love sweet sweet November.

Quick Reply: Getting Down To "Crunch Time"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.