Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

# of blades

Old 10-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default # of blades

While watching these shaving commercials it got me thinking . They always promote more blades. Well we have 2 blades,
then 3 blades , and now there are broadheads with 4 blades. What do think about if they came out with a head that head 5 or even 6 blades on her ? would slice a mean hole , maybe see daylight through the other side
Old 10-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: # of blades

not to burst your bubble, but they already do....or did...almost positive Crimson Talon made a 6 blade head...i think 3 were smaller "bleeder" blades...but i believe it had 6 total blades....

cant cut much better hole than a 3 blade IMO...my buck last year had a perfect hole cut out of its ribcage...i would never guessed a broadhead would made a hole like that, i was expecting 3 slices....heres a pic...im just impressed by the hole it made...first bowkill...i wasnt expecting that at all....

Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was using Muzzy MX4s but they didnt make a very big hole. i switched to the Rage 2 blades and they make devistating holes and a nice blood-trail
Old 10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

NAP had a 5 blade razzor back it weighed like 3 pounds, LOL actualy 145 grains.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

god that makes me hungry
ORIGINAL: mauser06

not to burst your bubble, but they already do....or did...almost positive Crimson Talon made a 6 blade head...i think 3 were smaller "bleeder" blades...but i believe it had 6 total blades....

cant cut much better hole than a 3 blade IMO...my buck last year had a perfect hole cut out of its ribcage...i would never guessed a broadhead would made a hole like that, i was expecting 3 slices....heres a pic...im just impressed by the hole it made...first bowkill...i wasnt expecting that at all....

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh...for the record......125gr 3blade muzzy......

its not RAGE gaping gash....but im still impressed by the hole..wish i put something there for size comparison...
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 PM

I use three blades. Have heard good things about four, tho. I've wanted to try them but I like the old school style where all four blades are the same. Not two mains and two bleeders. I actually use cheap Magnus 125gr's with good success. Just bought the girlfriend muzzy 100's, we'll see how they turn out.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

2-4 blades period.

rage- 2blade

muzzy 3blades,

only time I'd use a 4blade is when its a 2 main blade design with 2 bleeders style...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Fork Horn

I am a fan of Magnus stinger buzzcut 4blades at 100 or 125gr.

Or the Magnus snuffer 125gr 3blade broadheads.

The way i figure... Go with a heavy head, heavy carbon arrow and the highest pondage you can comfortably shoot, Maxium kenetic energy and maxium cutting diamiter with out loosing cutting power. sure those expanders can open up to 2 inches across but if they hit the wrong way from an arrow thats too light u might not get threw the ribs.

also you got to think about the ribs, because a triditional 2blade like a magus stinger or a zwiki.. you can hit a rib and it will turn flat and think and slit it intwo and keep going or it can turn to pass between them. A magnus 3blade can slit it the same way or slip between it. a 4blade magus buzzcut has half saw tooth and half razor main blades with razor bleeders. that will take out a rib or a shoulder blade....

I just dont like expanders... we all make mistakes... and I know far to many guys who have a rage or a nap expander hang up in the ribs as its coming open or but penitrate a bucks shoulder blade.

But thats just how i see it.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

When I started hunting archery my first broadheads I ever used were the old satelite 4's ....metalic purple.

Mitch

Quick Reply: # of blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.