Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rookie Filming (Video) >

Rookie Filming (Video)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rookie Filming (Video)

Old 10-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rookie Filming (Video)

After a week with Rob and filming each other's hunts, I (with the wife's blessing) picked up a Sony Handy Cam and a Gorilla Tree Arm. It's not what Team Realtree is using but it will allow me to mess around enough. Nothing was doing at the cabin in the morning on Saturday, so I didn't get to attempt to video myself. Saturday night I tooka freshly recruited cameraman to the 118 Stand. You will hear the traffic in the background. This is the stand that Rob and I were in last Monday.
This little camera is neat, I am sure I will get better with it. This stand needed trimmed a bit as well. Not to rattle on but here is the narrative: A 2.5year old buck surprised us to our left on the field edge and took off to the other end of the field (250 yards plus). Due to the now trimmed, then untrimmed branches we had to free hand it.So just a disclaimer, I edited out the blair witch moments as best I could. He came back out and passed by at 70 yards near dark with the does and a 4 point.
In the end, the closest shot I had was 66.5 yards. And I really wanted this HUGE nanny out of all of the deer. (9 does,2 bucks on the night)

Here is the nanny in a frame I saved. The main reason I wanted her as you will see in the video, is that she was the "scout" for the bunch.

I really tried to get this vid done with moviemaker, but it was giving me fits. This gets in done for now. Look for lots more in the future.

Here's the vid.
http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh134/bmeckbach/?action=view&current=6dfb7168.pbr
Old 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Rookie Filming (Video)

Hey, you got it figured out.

I'm still trying to upload 2 of the 4 videos I shot over the weekend. I have two uploaded but man the other 2 keep failing. I also had a tough time getting them under 100mg. We gotta figure out a better video holding site than Photobucket.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took the individual "edits" and then "remixed" them right on Photobucket. I like MovieMaker better, I will work onthe problem with us. Ikeep hearing from people about camospace.com?As I type this, I haven't even been to the site, but I agree weneed options.[8D]
Old 10-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Ben!! Get the Video Cam out of your hands and replace it with your Bow! Team 11 needs youLOL!!!

Hatchet jack
Old 10-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Jack, [8D] He was out of range. We will get there.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Sorry Jack, [8D] He was out of range. We will get there.
Yes we will Ben!

Hatchet Jack
Old 10-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cool stuff Ben!!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll watch the video in a bit once I get to work[8D] Sounds like a great evening. Just the opposite was true for me. Had a great morning (first buck sighting in of the year), but the evening blanked me.

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Hey, you got it figured out.

I'm still trying to upload 2 of the 4 videos I shot over the weekend. I have two uploaded but man the other 2 keep failing. I also had a tough time getting them under 100mg. We gotta figure out a better video holding site than Photobucket.
Try this site as I've had decent luck with them in the past. Unlimited storage and up to 200MB file size.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the tip Matt, I will def look into it.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like we might have another camera guy in Pa. That buck has a fat belly....Nice video, I guess I gotta go film somebody now. lol

Quick Reply: Rookie Filming (Video)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.