HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/267318-most-devistating-wound-rage-broadhead-graphic-pic.html)

buckmaster 10-09-2008 07:18 PM

"THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

For the story check out my other thread

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3092801

She was slighly quartered to me at 22 yards. I put my 20 yard pin on the pump station.[&:]It exited perfect through her left leg. Terrible shot, But devistating results.

Carpmaster 10-09-2008 07:20 PM

RE: "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

You weren't kidding! WOW!

Rory/MO 10-09-2008 07:20 PM

I'm speechless!

Ben / PA 10-09-2008 07:23 PM

Um.....you win. Ya you win that contest.;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-09-2008 07:28 PM

Unbelievable. Rages continue to impress. I've said it before, I'll say it again, in all my years both in real world experience and with internet showcases, I've NEVER seen bigger holes from any other broadhead when comparing them to the Rage.

I still use the small Snyper however but WOW Aaron, that's amazing.

bscofield 10-09-2008 07:28 PM

Holy crap I'm going to have to get me some Rage...

Spearchucker 10-09-2008 07:29 PM

Wow...Well I think I've found my next broadhead

gregrn43 10-09-2008 07:30 PM

WOW thats something

buckmaster 10-09-2008 07:33 PM

I wonder Rob,

I lost my first arrow that I shot at the doe, I may go back and look tommorrow, With onefor my first doe and two at this one,That leaves me with 6 G5 strikers....

Sell the strikers and buy some more rages and replacement blades?? I never knew I would be getting these results.

Would that deer be dead or found with a 1 1/8th" broadhead? If it would I would almost garantee it would be Way further away than this one was. She went apx. 70yrs.

stickler 10-09-2008 07:35 PM

That is just insane!

Wayne

NChunterman 10-09-2008 07:37 PM

People are learning. That buck I killed left a rediculous entry hole. And he weighed 190 lbs. Amazing little head, I won't enter the woods without them.

bscofield 10-09-2008 07:39 PM

We should make this a contribution post... the more of these pics in one thread the better! That way I'll have all the motivation I need to head out and get some at basspro or cabelas before this weekend's hunt :D

my7pointmonster 10-09-2008 07:39 PM

she went 70 yards??? wow. She was a trooper. So do you have any pics of what that blood trail was like? I bet it was pretty much like someone took red paint and threw it around....

Ryan.

buckmaster 10-09-2008 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

she went 70 yards??? wow. She was a trooper. So do you have any pics of what that blood trail was like? I bet it was pretty much like someone took red paint and threw it around....

Ryan.
Actually I did, but I had to delete them for the Hero pics. I didnt have my card in my camera and could only take 3 pics on High resolution.

blakefrautschi 10-09-2008 07:41 PM

holy cow! thats about all i can say

MGH_PA 10-09-2008 07:46 PM

Umm...yeah. That's ridiculous...amazing.

Steven McBee 10-09-2008 07:46 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTBowhunter 10-09-2008 07:51 PM

I must say that's impressive. And I don't impress all that easily!;)

Matt / PA 10-09-2008 07:52 PM

That's why I will have a quiver full of them again this year in Illinois.

You cannot convince me of the total cutting surface over cutting diameter with this particular broadhead after seeing over and over andOVER again what theycan do.
Now just picture a deer that whirls a bit and you hit single lung, liver and maybe a bit of guts..........do you want THAT [:-]type of damage with 3-4-5" crazy entry and exit holes or a little 1 1/8" triangle?
LOL

If the 1 1/8" triangle best suits your bows energy level and the game you're after then go nuts, but if you have energy to spare, don't waste it people.;)

The Rage heads continue to impress me animal after animal, picture after picture. It seems like a bunch of hype with the oversaturationof them and a certain percentage of people will resist them just for that reason........only took me one animal with them last year to convince me to use them again this season.

If you have the energy to push that cutting diameter once it's open, I would use them with complete faith.

LittleChief 10-09-2008 07:52 PM

Wow! Why not just wait until it's walking away from you, aim a little low and bingo! No field dressing required!

NY/Al 10-09-2008 08:12 PM

How in the hell did you manage that one???

whitetailbowhunter 10-09-2008 08:34 PM

WOAH!! That doe was almost skinned for you!! Once again, WOAH! That is truly impressive.

Finch 10-09-2008 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

WOAH!! That doe was almost skinned for you!! Once again, WOAH! That is truly impressive.
I was about to say the same thing. That is quite impressive Aaron. Wow!

Tomkat08 10-09-2008 08:44 PM

That is why i wanted to use Rage, but today one fell apart in my hand after washing it off, it was used once on a doe and it fell apart. I hope this was a fluke cause i still think it is a serious blade.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3093033

Primitive Weapon 10-09-2008 08:59 PM

I won't call this devistating but listen to the sound of my rage hitting this doe. I hit the front shoulder and deflected off and lodged in the opposite shoulder getting both lungs but no exit hole. She didn't bleed much for the first 5-10 yards but started pouring. I do not have footage of the blood trail though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w57gQ5yFTIk

Make sure you click the "watch in high quality" link at the bottom right of the video.

Schultzy 10-09-2008 09:05 PM

That's one hell of a cut Aaron!! I'm not a big fan of Mechanicals for other reason's but I gotta say that If my buddy would of been using one this morning he'd probably have his buck. For some stupid reason my buddy missed bad on a buck this morning while It was standing broad side. The buck was 25 yards away and I think he hit the buck on the bottom of his neck. He was aiming behind the shoulder![:-] Anyway we found the arrow and there wasn't hardly any blood on the arrow. We tracked this deer for about a mile. He bled like nuts. My guess Is that just his broad head (2 blade Zwickey) and not the shaft went through the very bottom of the deer's neck. If he would of been shooting a Rage he probably would of got that deer being there cutting diameter Is so huge.

By the way we did jump this deer In It's bed. He ran by 100 mph at about 40 yards so I winged an arrow at him with my recurve. I missed him by a mile![8D] The good thing Is, this buck will make It just fine.

bowman15 10-09-2008 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

How in the hell did you manage that one???
My guess would be he hit her a little low and the blade got just under her skin and acted as a zipper, slicing her open from the inside out. I would also say you hit her on her left side, and she was closer than 20-yards. That's why the cut is so far down her right leg; it was a steeper angle.

Did you hit her heart? I would guess maybe you didn't, which is why she went so far.

buckmaster 10-09-2008 09:26 PM

Did you hit her heart? I would guess maybe you didn't, which is why she went so far.

Nope the heart was perfectly intact.

Rory/MO 10-09-2008 09:29 PM

buckmaster, What did you hit?

dstubb 10-09-2008 09:39 PM

I worked with a guy who went on an antelope hunt and literally gutted one with a quartering in shot. The Rage made a cut like that on exit but it was on the lower side of the belly. He said as the Antelope ran he could see all kinds of crap hanging from it's underside. The thing only went about 30 yards and was out cold. I have only personally made a perfect broadside shot with the two blade and it left equal two inch holes on each side.

bloodcrick 10-09-2008 09:44 PM

unreal......WOW!!!

Doefever 10-09-2008 10:04 PM

Insane... sounds weird but ...too devastating for me!

NCRemington700 10-10-2008 06:24 AM

OMG!

peakrut 10-10-2008 06:27 AM

Yep I agree these things are something else.

Austin/WI 10-10-2008 06:27 AM

simply amazing!

npockat32 10-10-2008 06:44 AM

WOW!!! That's all I can say. I thought I had a nice hole in the doe I shot a couple weeks back with the rage 2 bladers but I guess not:)

MichaelHunsucker 10-10-2008 06:57 AM

Wow

Siman08/OH 10-10-2008 07:04 AM

Plain crazy, that might be the final straw to make me switch...

Western MA Hunter 10-10-2008 07:29 AM

wow...

Gundeck 10-10-2008 07:34 AM

I just have one thing to say......DANG!!