Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic. >

"THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

ORIGINAL: bowman15

You can look at this 2 ways; if Buckmaster wasn't using the Rage, he wouldn't have killed this doe. He'll tell you that himself. None of the vital-organs were hit here. This would have been another low-hit, injured deer if the cutting-diameter was smaller, or the blades in a different position at the hit. It was a bad shot that turned out well because the blades were in the right position to open her hide up like this.

But on the other hand, this was a purely lucky kill, regardless of the head.Look at that picture real close; if the hit was an inch lower, or an inch or 2 further forward or back, it would have been a much different outcome. He hit her on the right-side, with her right leg forward and her left leg back, mid-stride. If the hit was just an inch farther back, it would have hit that big bone right there. How would it have turned out then? And if he were using another head, he would have hit that artery just the same, which was pure luck. (Sorry , but I can't seem to draw on it to show everything I'm talking about)

I really think some of you guys are getting carried away with this "awesome" broadhead. I mean, there's no doubt it cuts a big hole, but so what? There's ALOT of deer taken that go nowhere nearly as far as this doe did, with smaller holes. This one was just a lucky shot and outcome, no offense to Buckmaster.
None taken.. But just for the record, I did get the bottom of atleast one lung. You have to realize this doe was a fawn. I could pic her up with one hand. Maybe that caused some confusion IDK.

And Guys:

You keep saying "A well-placed shot with any other broadhead will kill just as good" and in the same breathe you say " The Rage would tear up too much meat"...

Not if you make a well-placed shot.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: bowman15

You can look at this 2 ways; if Buckmaster wasn't using the Rage, he wouldn't have killed this doe. He'll tell you that himself. None of the vital-organs were hit here. This would have been another low-hit, injured deer if the cutting-diameter was smaller, or the blades in a different position at the hit. It was a bad shot that turned out well because the blades were in the right position to open her hide up like this.

But on the other hand, this was a purely lucky kill, regardless of the head.Look at that picture real close; if the hit was an inch lower, or an inch or 2 further forward or back, it would have been a much different outcome. He hit her on the right-side, with her right leg forward and her left leg back, mid-stride. If the hit was just an inch farther back, it would have hit that big bone right there. How would it have turned out then? And if he were using another head, he would have hit that artery just the same, which was pure luck. (Sorry , but I can't seem to draw on it to show everything I'm talking about)

I really think some of you guys are getting carried away with this "awesome" broadhead. I mean, there's no doubt it cuts a big hole, but so what? There's ALOT of deer taken that go nowhere nearly as far as this doe did, with smaller holes. This one was just a lucky shot and outcome, no offense to Buckmaster.
None taken.. But just for the record, I did get the bottom of atleast one lung. You have to realize this doe was a fawn. I could pic her up with one hand. Maybe that caused some confusion IDK.

And Guys:

You keep saying "A well-placed shot with any other broadhead will kill just as good" and in the same breathe you say " The Rage would tear up too much meat"...

Not if you make a well-placed shot.
You were In the ribs?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Dominant Buck

The rage is "Too Devastating" as Selma Hayek is "Too hot".

I love these threads....
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I love these threads....
We know....
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Dominant Buck

You gotta admit, BHF....

When people get to a point to where they're denouncing a BH designed to kill deer......by stating it's too devastating and "overkill"......

Ya gotta love that.[8D]
Old 10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The rage is "Too Devastating" as Selma Hayek is "Too hot".

I love these threads....
I never knocked It Jeff. Just curious If Aaron hit ribs or If he hit an artery or something. Don't look like ribs but I could be wrong.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not knocking the head at all. It works great, I just choose not have a huge mess with half the deer or turkey gone. lol I guess I am lucky I usually see or hear the deer drop after I shoot. I was stating my preference certainly not taking anything away from hunters who choose this head. I do hope people still pick the shots and go for clean kills instead of letting it fly because I have a RAGE. lol
Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't know Steve, and if I wouldve known this thread wouldve gone this way, we wouldve done a Video Outopsy report. All I know is the blood was pink, bright red and Bubbly. I assumed at least one lung. Maybe not.

There was a PERFECT 2" exit in her left leg, sort of in the "bicep" I guess you could say.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I really don't know Steve, and if I would've known this thread would've gone this way, we would've done a Video Autopsy report
I was just asking a question there young feller, Nothing else! I always Inspect what I hit, a person learns from It. No malice Intended towards you at all. You got the deer, good job!
Old 10-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

I really don't know Steve, and if I would've known this thread would've gone this way, we would've done a Video Autopsy report
I was just asking a question there young feller, Nothing else! I always Inspect what I hit, a person learns from It. No malice Intended towards you at all. You got the deer, good job!
Oh no, that wasnt directed toward you at all. And it was in good spirit.notice the----->I wish I would have inspected more closely myself, but was explaining/Disecting, the heart to Keisha when I got that far.and never really thought anything about it.

I do know that it cut her sternum(?) in two... (the tuff part to cut when your gutting a deer in the chest, through the brisket)

Quick Reply: "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.