Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic. >

"THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

How in the hell did you manage that one???
Old 10-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOAH!! That doe was almost skinned for you!! Once again, WOAH! That is truly impressive.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

WOAH!! That doe was almost skinned for you!! Once again, WOAH! That is truly impressive.
I was about to say the same thing. That is quite impressive Aaron. Wow!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:44 PM

That is why i wanted to use Rage, but today one fell apart in my hand after washing it off, it was used once on a doe and it fell apart. I hope this was a fluke cause i still think it is a serious blade.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3093033
Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I won't call this devistating but listen to the sound of my rage hitting this doe. I hit the front shoulder and deflected off and lodged in the opposite shoulder getting both lungs but no exit hole. She didn't bleed much for the first 5-10 yards but started pouring. I do not have footage of the blood trail though.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w57gQ5yFTIk

Make sure you click the "watch in high quality" link at the bottom right of the video.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's one hell of a cut Aaron!! I'm not a big fan of Mechanicals for other reason's but I gotta say that If my buddy would of been using one this morning he'd probably have his buck. For some stupid reason my buddy missed bad on a buck this morning while It was standing broad side. The buck was 25 yards away and I think he hit the buck on the bottom of his neck. He was aiming behind the shoulder![:-] Anyway we found the arrow and there wasn't hardly any blood on the arrow. We tracked this deer for about a mile. He bled like nuts. My guess Is that just his broad head (2 blade Zwickey) and not the shaft went through the very bottom of the deer's neck. If he would of been shooting a Rage he probably would of got that deer being there cutting diameter Is so huge.

By the way we did jump this deer In It's bed. He ran by 100 mph at about 40 yards so I winged an arrow at him with my recurve. I missed him by a mile![8D] The good thing Is, this buck will make It just fine.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

How in the hell did you manage that one???
My guess would be he hit her a little low and the blade got just under her skin and acted as a zipper, slicing her open from the inside out. I would also say you hit her on her left side, and she was closer than 20-yards. That's why the cut is so far down her right leg; it was a steeper angle.

Did you hit her heart? I would guess maybe you didn't, which is why she went so far.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you hit her heart? I would guess maybe you didn't, which is why she went so far.
Nope the heart was perfectly intact.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

buckmaster, What did you hit?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

I worked with a guy who went on an antelope hunt and literally gutted one with a quartering in shot. The Rage made a cut like that on exit but it was on the lower side of the belly. He said as the Antelope ran he could see all kinds of crap hanging from it's underside. The thing only went about 30 yards and was out cold. I have only personally made a perfect broadside shot with the two blade and it left equal two inch holes on each side.

Quick Reply: "THE" Most Devistating Wound with a Rage Broadhead. Graphic pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.