Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Couple trail cam Pics >

Couple trail cam Pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Couple trail cam Pics

Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM

Default Couple trail cam Pics

Here are a couple trail cam pics I got. I've had the cam up since Sept 20th, and I have a number of deer up. Mainly does, a few smaller bucks, and then this nice bruiser I know has been in the area for a few yrs now. I believe I seen him, or his Papa 3 yrs ago, and he was a dandy at that time, but I didn't have a chance on him, happened all way too fast.

Anyways I have the cam up on an Oak Ridge, and its up right infront of a Massive Scrape I found last year at the end of the year, I mean so big I could lie down in it!!! There are 3 well used game trails that all meet right at this spot. I figured it would be a place that this buck would be back to this year, and I had him on Cam 3 different nights, 2-3 nights apart from each other. You can see he is just starting to work the scrape, I put some scent in it, and cleared the ground up as well, to try and help him using this one.

I think I will set the trail camera to Video next time I'm up to check them, hopefully I'll catch him working the scrape, and not just a quick pic

Has anyone used the scent drippers on scrapes with good success to get him visiting this in daylight hrs?

And what do you think this deer's age would be?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Couple trail cam Pics

Hard to tell- but best I can tell is a 3.5 year old.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to tell. no guess from me.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

2.5 -3.5 hard to say! Cool pics though! Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:36 PM

My thoughts were 3.5 to 4.5. This a Mnt/swamp buck, without great nutrition from Agricultural fields, so his rack is probably smaller than his genetic potential at his age. Also comparing his body size to others that I got on cam, that were in the same location as him. His body looks almost double some of the doe's.

I'm guessing he will be over 200lbs, and minimum would be 3.5yrs. In this area feed isn't abundant.

I'm hoping to change that by planting some Clover on the trails on the property, and planting some Apple tree's. There is abundant Oak nuts, but they obviously aren't there for him early in the year.