Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

8 pnt down

Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM

Default 8 pnt down

Well I went out this afternoon, and moved my Ladder stand to another section of the Fields we are hunting. I picked a spot between the 2 fields with some good cover, and cleared out some shooting lanes. There is a creek here, and the deer seem to use it to come into the fields. I went back out to hunt this evening at 5:30, Sat with little action till about 6:45. I seen a decent buck come into the field about 250 yrds from me. I took out the grunt tube and grunted 3x's at him, and he made a be line for me. I was high enough this time and he had no clue where I was, he spent some time looking, and finally turned and provided me a perfect broad side shot. I put my 30 yrd pin on him and let it go...Whack....Deer took off bounding with his tail in the air..took about 10 big leaps, and then put his tail down, but kept moving. I Watched till I couldn't see him anymore, but my initial thoughts was darn I missed..deer usually have their tail down when hit (I'm more use to gun). Looked at the watch 7..Ok I'll sit till dark and go get my arrow. Then I started thinking...No I couldn't have missed, I knew he was exactly 30 yards, he was standing on my marker....Hmmm, I must have hit, and that was the sound I heard, and not the arrow hitting ground as I first thought.

Ok 7:30, I get down, can't find the arrow..Hmmm, but lots of blood K I did hit. walked as far as the field edge, great blood trail, since I was unsure of the impact point, I decided to back out, Regis I think I'm going to call a friend. Got home ate, called up my Bro, and waited for him.

We got back on the trail, and what do you know, Nice 8 point sitting 3 steps from where I last seen blood. He didn't go more than 50 yards, perfect double lung, and complete pass through. Not sure why I couldn't find the arrow, wasn't looking back far enough I guess..??

Anyways Pics to come tomorrow, got him cleaned up and hanging now, and I'll get the wife to snap some pics tomorrow. He's not the Monster I seen last night, but a nice respectable 8, and now that I have one down, I can be a little more patient waiting for Ole Freak Nasty to make another Mistake, after I move and Lift that other stand.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 8 pnt down

Congrats, i was gonna shout man law but n your defense you said tomorrow....

Old 10-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good story.. But ya do have to have pics.. You have 1 day and 1 day only..
Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 PM

Too dark for Pics tonight by the time I got him home it was pretty well 10pm. I'll get some nice ones tomorrow in the daylight.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job man, looking forward to seeing the pics!!

Shane
Old 10-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! I would wait for the pics to post next time...keeps people from wanting to take your man card.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

pics?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. Now either pics or a sack punch the choice is yours.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM

Congrats on the buck! It's tomorrow now! So where are the pics! The clock is ticking bud
Old 10-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the 8 pointer! Now where are those pics[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.