Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow sight/ draw length question >

bow sight/ draw length question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow sight/ draw length question

Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM

Default bow sight/ draw length question

I have a draw length of 29", which appears to be correct. The bow is shooting bullet holes so it is also tuned correctly. Every sight i have put on anyof my bows is set to where the box of the sight is all the way down to the bottom. Also most of the pins are at least on the lower half of the box. Any suggestions on what the problem may be or how i may fix this. i would really like to use the entire box for my pins?

thanks,

Philg
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bow sight/ draw length question

Sometimes, with certain anchors styles it just happens that way. The distance from anchor to your eye relief are obviously long causing your peep to be higher than usual. There may not bemuch you can do if this is the case, except to start over and try to anchor differently, then again you may be pretty well set in your anchor. I have a buddy that has the same issue, when I draw his bow the peep is like 2-3" above my eye at my anchor.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of the sights have an extension arm or are the sights themselves right off the riser?
Old 09-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Thanks guys for the reply. I have fround the problem after posting...His anchor was wrong he was dipping his head which caused his peep to be to low. After I reset the peep up about 2 plus inchs and moved his box up everhting is ok. Thanks again for the help.