Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking forward to the 2008 Season >

Looking forward to the 2008 Season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking forward to the 2008 Season

Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default Looking forward to the 2008 Season

I want to start and say that I enjoy every season, but for some reason I am really excited about this year.

I start my travel to Colorado the end of the month with my father, my brother (whom neither hunt) and a good hunting friend for my annual elk hunting trip. This will be my 9th trip to the same area and the fact that I have taken 5 bulls, this year I plan to utilize my new Canon GL2. Hopefully we can get some good elk footage, not to mention some good hangin' at the dinner table coverage.

When I return, the Pennsylvania archery season will start on Oct 4th, which I plan to get in a hunt on opening morning. But come Friday, I will be heading out to South Dakota for a week long archery deer hunt. Now some other friends have hunted here in the past, so I am thankful they have invited me to come along this year. Knowing how they have done, and the fact we will all have fun, will make this one another trip for the GL2 !!

Once I return, New York will begin, and with the onset of the rut around the corner, it should be just perfect. Even though harvesting a mature whitetail is greater hunting the Midwest, I can't envision missing the hunting with friends.

So, my questionsare

what are you looking forward too this year ?
How much footage should I plan on getting so when I am done with my edit it will make a 30 minute DVD ??

Old 09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Looking forward to the 2008 Season

Im looking forward to everything this year

And you can never have too much footage, better to have too much then not enough.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Looking forward to the 2008 Season

That is what I thought.

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

And you can never have too much footage, better to have too much then not enough.