Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 08-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Whitetail property. Whats it like ?

Just a fifteen acreall timberparcel in SE Indiana but its heaven there. A giant ridge with natural pinchpoints, and a 2 acre pond. The property is surrounded by cornfields and bean fields. All of the trails leading to those fields cut through my property. We purchased the land in january so this will be the first year deer hunting it. During turkey season this year I had 11 deer walk within 20yards of my ground blind, And I have a 2 eight pointers on my trail cam. October1st needs to get here!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the one I'll be hunting most this fall. About 75% of it is flooded for waterfowl.

This is another one, about a mile away. This will be the 2nd in line.

I don't have ariels of the others right now.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have permission to hunt 2,000 heavily wooded acres. However, it backs up to close to over a million acres from Southern Oklahoma to Eastern Arkansas.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I justgot this land last week and I've not walked it yet, it's 220 acres, 100 acresof it being wet land.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very rural, mostly old strip mine ground mixed with some hardwoods.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big woods on a public military base. Hardly any fields and they very rarely plant any crops. Can be tough hunting.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:20 PM

I've got a pretty good spot. Designated bowhunting only, 350 acres of well-traveled state park. There are trails around the small lake and massive cliffs. One corner of the property has no people trails, and a little water from the far edge of the lake. Seems like all the people get the whitetail to cluster over there. Nothing but deer **** everywhere. I should be able to bag a decent one as soon as the season opens.

I've also got some private property with multiple apple and pear trees, along with a good portion of veggies to go along with it. The landowner can walk right up within 15 feet of some of the does, and within 30 yards of the bucks before they spook. They show up religiously at 4pm every night, and they recently pissed her off by breaking through a fence into her prized veggies, so she asked me to "thin the herd"

If there is one piece of advice I could give for getting land, if you see an elderly couple with veggies and land, swallow your shame and go a-knockin'. People dont like guns on their property, but most dont seem to care about bows (and the old folks see the deer as a nuisance)!
Old 08-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our land is 1200 acres of hills, cedar thicket, and rock. It is rural with just the roads being opened up, the land owners are working to clear a little bit of it....

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.