Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shooting at all the dots. >

shooting at all the dots.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting at all the dots.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default shooting at all the dots.

ok i know my bow is dead on even with broadheads. i have been shooting 3 to 5 arrow groups. but it is costing me money it cost me three sets of vanes last time i shot. At 3 bucks a set it is not going to be good on the bank account if i do it every shoot.

Would i still improve on my shooting if i shoot at differnt dots on each arrow. even if my groups are alittle to open. It is me not the bow.

I think it is due to not shooting all year. and the 68 pounds is a little tough to pull right now.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting at all the dots.

if your groups are open why are you ruining arrows????? If your groups are tight shoot at different spots or shoot fewer arrows...
Old 08-29-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

well usasly there two or three arrows right on and one or two might move out.
Not all my groups are open just to many for my liking
ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

if your groups are open why are you ruining arrows????? If your groups are tight shoot at different spots or shoot fewer arrows...
Old 08-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

From 30yds in, I always shot one arrow at each different dot on my Morrell bag. If you're consistent, you won't need to see a tight group, you will simply be hitting all the spots with each shot.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot spots and save yourself money. Shooting groups is good for tuning but once you are past that point there is really no reason. Each and every shot starts with you picking a spot. All that should matter is that you are hitting that spot that you are aiming for.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always shoot at different dots other wise i would wreck a lot of arrows. the stray ones are probably form . i put little sticky dots on my target and aim forr them . i figure aim small hit small
Old 08-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only shoot one arrow at a time...Years ago, I would shoot field points and would shoot 30-45 minutes a day...That's good for getting your back in shape but can be detrimental for your form...I found that I can go out and shoot one arrow, with broadheads, shoot a dozen times throughout the year and I'm good to go...

I shoot 64-65 pounds, a few years ago I pulled my back so I dropped down to 58 pounds and killed 3 deer with all pass throughs...You may simply be pulling too much weight and wearing yourself out...It's better to shoot a few arrows and do it right than shoot too much with poor form...

I'd drop your pull down to 60 pounds, shoot 12-15 arrows a session for 2 weeks, then move up to 64-65 pounds, shoot that for a couple of weeks and go hunting...

You only get one shot, make it count...

For what it's worth, when I shot a Bear Whitetail it was set at 55 pounds and I killed a bunch of deer with it over a 20 year period...Today's bows are much faster than what I was using back then...As a matter of fact, other than having 4 pins than now 2, I could still kill deer with that Whitetail...
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

One arrow one dot thats why I like my Morrell bag(16 dots)it has same me alot of money over the yrs plus you dont wear the bag out as fast persay if you were shooting the same spot(vital area)over and over...
Old 08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Damn....

I was hoping this was another "shooting fawns" thread.[8D]