Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Beman 400 carbon arrows >

Beman 400 carbon arrows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Beman 400 carbon arrows

Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Beman 400 carbon arrows

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about beman arrows? I got a dozen this year for christmas to go with my new bow, but i'm not sure that i like them. I had shot them a lot this spring and they grouped pretty good, but i started noticing some inconsistency. At first i thought it was me, but i'm starting to think it might be the arrows.
I was broadhead tuning today (thanks to everyone for the great advice) and using one arrow (for fear of robin hoods) I finally got my bow shooting dead on. but when i threw my practice broad head on my other arrows they shot all over the place. Each arrow was consistent however... the arrow i was tuning with was consistently in the 10 ring, while another arrow would consistently hit at 2 o clock, but like five or six inches off center, and another was hitting at 3 o clock and also like five inches off center. I tried a couple different brands of broadheads and the arrows would all hit in their same respective spots.
The only thing i can imagine is that the shafts must be inconsistent. Correct me if i'm wrong but if it was a tuning issue, and the shafts were fine the arrows would be off target but they would at least be grouped together, right? I tried shooting the NAP Razorbaks i shot last year, and you can rotate the heads so the blades are aligned, so i don't think its a broadhead issue (not to mention all broadheads should fly consistently in a well tuned bow). So anyways i kinda wanted to vent and get some imput from you guys. i'm also thinking about buying new arrows now because i've lost all faith in these ones, so i was wondering if you guys had any recommendations and why? Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post i'm just frustrated haha.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:32 PM

Default RE: Beman 400 carbon arrows

The arrows I got from Walmart shot great with broadheads, Im guessing its your arrows also.

Test this buy numbering your arrows.
Shoot them and see if the same arrow is hitting the same spot.
If so, go get some new arrows
Old 08-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beman arrows are all I shoot. I've tried all the other brands (except PSE arrows) and Beman smoked every other brand.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you spin test the arrows with broad heads before shooting????????
Old 08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Only problem with mine are they group too well.

From today:

Old 08-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

No i haven't spin tested them, is there a way to do it without any special equipment?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of rest do you have?

Try and turn the nock so you have a different fletching as a odd feather, I do this when I tune my broadheads and it always seems to help the arrow flight!!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

No i haven't spin tested them, is there a way to do it without any special equipment?
Yes if you have an old shoe box laying around cut a V in either end, place arrow in V and spin
Old 08-10-2008, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a whisker biscuit, i will try adjusting the nocks today, thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

what should i be looking for when i spin test them? sorry for all the questions but i've never had to do it before

Quick Reply: Beman 400 carbon arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.