Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 cheap wood blind >

cheap wood blind

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cheap wood blind

Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default cheap wood blind

OK i had some old plywood some 1/4 to 3/4 inch thick. i thought up this
with some 1/4 or maybe 1/2inch osb/plywood and 2x4s

take some 2x4 sink them in the ground and nail the osb to the 2x4.
There your talking 4 2x4s three piece of osb for three side $6 right now a sheet for the osb 2.22 for each 2x4. so for 30 bucks you got a 8x8 ground blind.

you could use longer 2x4 say 8 foot or 6 and nail a piece of osb or two on top for a roof
if you did the roof your talk 4 more 2x4 two to run down each side and two for cross braces in the middle and two more sheet of osb. so another 20 bucks

what do you think part of me thinks if you went with the roof you would need 4x4 in the ground not 2x4

i do not think it would make it more then one season.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cheap wood blind

i edited it sorry
ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Old 08-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Typical Buck

When I first started hunting one of my "spots" there was a wooden ground blind set up. The guy used 4x4 posts cut to 4' for the corners and 3 sheets of particle board for the sides. One side was left open. He had spray painted it camo. It had obviously been there for a few years. It didn't have a top on it. I never used it to hunt out of and actually never saw a deer track or rub anywhere near it. I guess this would be what your going for. The big problem is it's imobile, you'll have to cut slats for shooting out of it unless you want to just stand up and shoot over it. But that would defeat the purpose of having it.[&:] I would recommed just spitting out the $$ and get a decent lightweight blind that you can set up and take down in minutes, and has a shoot through mesh.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i plan to buy a pop upa nice one two
i just thought might be worth doing one or two in a few spot deep in the woods.
i came up with the idea when i was going to hunt privat land
ORIGINAL: bigpapa

When I first started hunting one of my "spots" there was a wooden ground blind set up. The guy used 4x4 posts cut to 4' for the corners and 3 sheets of particle board for the sides. One side was left open. He had spray painted it camo. It had obviously been there for a few years. It didn't have a top on it. I never used it to hunt out of and actually never saw a deer track or rub anywhere near it. I guess this would be what your going for. The big problem is it's imobile, you'll have to cut slats for shooting out of it unless you want to just stand up and shoot over it. But that would defeat the purpose of having it.[&:] I would recommed just spitting out the $$ and get a decent lightweight blind that you can set up and take down in minutes, and has a shoot through mesh.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Typical Buck

If that's the way you really want to go. I'm sure it will last longer than you think. Try to find a place where you can tuck it back in a privit hedge or a thick growth. I'm sure if you get it in just the right spot it can produce for you. I'd put it up now so the deer will have time to get used to it.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

Ive thought about doing something sorta similar. I was just going to use a bunch of deadfall and make a small circle out of it and sit in the middle. My uncle did this alot and he killed more deer than anyone I've ever met. I was only going to use it for shotgun season though so I could just lean up and shoot over the edge rather than have to stand up and draw my bow.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

There your talking 4 2x4s three piece of osb for three side $6 right now a sheet for the osb 2.22 for each 2x4. so for 30 bucks you got a 8x8 ground blind.

you could use longer 2x4 say 8 foot or 6 and nail a piece of osb or two on top for a roof
if you did the roof your talk 4 more 2x4 two to run down each side and two for cross braces in the middle and two more sheet of osb. so another 20 bucks

what do you think part of me thinks if you went with the roof you would need 4x4 in the ground not 2x4

I did something very similar to this. It's called a garage. LOL[8D]
Old 08-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

lol
ORIGINAL: davidmil

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

I did something very similar to this. It's called a garage. LOL[8D]