Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Attractant Tests >

Deer Attractant Tests

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Attractant Tests

Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Attractant Tests

Supermax results: 56 deer: 39 adults: 20 bucks: 19 does: 10 minutes was the longest any spent. None of the bucks I have photos for were shooters. This may because the previous landowners rode atvs around all the time and there was a party spot close to what I declared a deer sanctuary. It will take time I am sure to "grow" some big bucks here. The longer the sanctuary stays quiet and unspoiled by man, the better it will become, I think.

Also went back and looked at all the pics and came up with a 3:1 ratio for deer heading out of the sanctuary to deer heading back in. As there were 3 times more pics in the evening time as there were in the morning. I suppose they stop by for a snack and then on their way back, their stomachs are full.

The week I had a camera on the Buck Jam, nothing happened. In fact nothing happened until this last week. Where the Buck Jam was placed is now several small holes in the ground. I don't know if the extremely hot weather this past week had anything to do with it or not.

The totals and averagesI got for the whole "Test" so far are:
Total Deer: 141 Average per attractant: 28
Total Adult Deer: 107 Average per attractant: 21
Total Young'uns: 34 Average 7
Total Bucks: 34 Average 7
Total Does: 73 Average 15
Average time at the attractant: 5 minutes
Total Evening Deer: 107 Average 21
Total Morning Deer: 34 Average 7

Anyway, put out some Xcellerator 360 this morning. We'll see what happens there.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all your work AF! This is an often visited topic and we're glad you continue to stay on top of it!

Jeff (MSgt-USAF)
Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mofireman

Thanks for all your work AF! This is an often visited topic and we're glad you continue to stay on top of it!

Jeff (MSgt-USAF)
Jeff, you know how us top three people are, I was tired of lookng at the store and seeing everyone say their product was the best. I decided, since I have the land and want to develop it into a place where deer will stay instead of using it as a pass through from the heavier woods to the East to the croplands in the West, I was going to test what I can and share the results. I think that falls under the three core values.

Integrity First
Service Before Self
Excellence In All We Do!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

af hunter - i'vedid almost the same thing last year.what i did is put salt, apple mineral block, and whitetail addiction a couple feet away from each other but all in view of the same camera and tallied them up. i don't remember the exact tally (it's on my home computer), but salt won by a landslide. [/align] [/align] i recently did the same thing (it's still going on) between salt, trophy rock, and the 'home brew' mineral lick that is floating aroundthe message board. after one week salt was kicking butt again. trophy rock and the home brew mineral lick (dical phosphate, trace mineral, salt) were doing nothing. we'll see though, it's been 2 weeks since i checked the camera.[/align] [/align] i'm glad you tried c'mere deer - that stuff is so expensive i didn't even want to try it.

keep the info coming...
[/align]
Old 08-06-2008, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome results AF. Keep the info coming!

As for the Supermax. You said it was an attractant. What is it, a powder, a gel, a solid block? I'm guessing it is a food type attractant.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Awesome results AF. Keep the info coming!

As for the Supermax. You said it was an attractant. What is it, a powder, a gel, a solid block? I'm guessing it is a food type attractant.
Supermax is a powder that is recommended you scrape an area clean of all vegetation and put down. I just poured it into the grass there without scraping everything up. Somewhat pleased with the results. Now I have another test started with Xcellerator 360 from the same company and I think I will try the local grain cattle mineral supplement after that. Then I am done! This has gotten to be quite the expense on my retirement check.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to bring this back to the top. I remembered reading this last season and wanted to try the Supermaxx but couldn't remember the name of it. I thought this was a great thread.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Well, I have used extensive attractants over the last two years, from Cocain Mix, to Ruttin Apples, Black Magic Insta-Lik, Block Topper, Buck Grub, Shake n Take,C'Mere Deer liquid and have used these in conjunction with corn,apples and mineral/salt licks and have had very little success. So why do I buy them to this day?? Because of posts such as these, what seems to be very good homework on your part, minus a couple of small holes and the fact that I am hoping that because of all the ag feilds I have around me in plays into it (Corn,beans,alfalfa). I have several pics of deer walking within 5 yards of some of this stuff and keep on walking, but they are taking down the alflafa now and soon enough the beans and corn so we will see how it goes.

Good job and good post!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

AF thanks for all the hard work and effort doing this study. I often walk past the things on the shelf and alwasy wonder what really works and whats just another gymmic!!! You have really shed some good light for all of us. You did a great job putting all the information and stats together. Being prior Air Force myself I expected nothing less and you rocked it........ Great Job and keep up the good work
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used the C'Mere Deer w/ the trophy rock in a couple of places this summer... 1 spot has been getting hit hard w/ a bunch of does (no bucks yet) and the other has not been touched... we will see.
The one that has been getting hit has been first light and last light.. they have been eating the stump and ground.

Quick Reply: Deer Attractant Tests

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.