Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 shooting from a treestand >

shooting from a treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shooting from a treestand

Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: shooting from a treestand

Gotcha Jeff about the 1/3 comment. Brain ran out of steam sometime yesterday afternoon.
Tight shots are a paradox. IF you know and can put your shot exactly where it needs to go, they are just as deadly as anything. BUT shooting down at sharp angles is tough for many people and it throws off your perceived view of the vitals. It’s certainly not an easy shot to make for many.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM

I could not imagine going into the woods without having shot out of a tree stand first.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You also need to practice hanging/attaching your quiver in a place where if a second shot opportunity arises, you will be able to quietly and with the least amount of movement, retrieve another arrow.

LT
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Spike

PRACTICE HOW U PLAY, GOOD LUCK
Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do it.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 PM

thanks for all the replys guys, i havnt been able to post because i have been working to much, this weekend, i am going to try these tips you guys gave me, i have shot out of my tree once, at i guess around 15 feet at 17 yards and it was just a hair high but still great shot,

P.S IS IT NORMAL TO BE ALITTLE NERVIOUS WHEN YOU GO UP IN A TREE STAND THE FIRST TIME AND SETUP????? cause i was, but after i setup and sat down i was fine, just alittle wiery about moving around.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Predator19

Oh and dont forget getting used to shooting with your safety harness. They tend to get in the way sometimes![:@]
Yep, i have my harness loose enough to shoot comfortably but tight enough to do the job
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have a consistent anchor point yourPOIwill not change. I use a nose button to keep my sight plain consistent.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: millerhunter13

thanks for all the replys guys, i havnt been able to post because i have been working to much, this weekend, i am going to try these tips you guys gave me, i have shot out of my tree once, at i guess around 15 feet at 17 yards and it was just a hair high but still great shot,

P.S IS IT NORMAL TO BE ALITTLE NERVIOUS WHEN YOU GO UP IN A TREE STAND THE FIRST TIME AND SETUP????? cause i was, but after i setup and sat down i was fine, just alittle wiery about moving around.
Yes it's normal, but I don't recommend hunting out of the stand at that height unless you are comfortable.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:24 AM

i was comfortbale after i got settled in it was just getting up their, and getting setup.

Quick Reply: shooting from a treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.