Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release** >

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Old 07-10-2008, 05:43 PM

Default RE: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Okay, I am making assumptions.[&:] To all you B'techers. I don't dislike or discriminate the brand. I would endorse it in a minute. 1, 2, 3 ! Just would like the info. I admit when I am wrong, but I just want the facts. My goal here isn't to start an argument and I really can't get access to some info from certain websites. They block certain sites from your puter here. Can somebody paste info on Ross / Bowtech thing.

My apologies!

Justin
Old 07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

Here's what still confuses me... Bowtech is a binary, Diamond is the single cam.... why manufacture another single cam line to compete with your current line? I wish them all the best of luck but I think Savage is trying to corner the archery market and I see nothing but bad coming from all of this for them.
I understand where your coming from however,

Bowtech is a superb company generating some very impressive bows. What would be so wrong with them buying into/up another company like Ross and then continue to produce and warrant the bows? Wouldn't it be more wrong if they (Bowtech) did this and then dismantled them (Ross) and said, too bad so sad? At least current Ross owners as well as Ross fans will continue having an outstanding bow by a reputable company. There is less concern on where Ross may go, they have security in a way. I see alot of good coming out of this.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Mr. Finkelhiemer

titleAndStar(36,0,false,false,"","")
Fawn

[align=center][/align]
7/03/2008

With yet another string of recent victories across the globe, Team Hoyt has eclipsed an unprecedented milestone.

Since its unveiling in 2003, Hoyt shooters have tallied an unbelievable 104 victories (and counting) in the top men's pro divisions with Hoyt’s innovative Cam & 1/2 Performance System - a feat unrivaled by any other bow manufacturer ever.

The highly competitive men's pro divisions include the best of the best – a group of elite, professional target archers who depend on their bows for their livelihood. This division is renowned for record-breaking scores, high-profile tournaments and high-pressure podium finishes. It’s the "Tiger Woods" division of the archery world, and Hoyt shooters armed with the Cam & ½ Performance System continue to tame it week in and week out – leaving the competition little choice but to settle for second best.
Hoyt has been keeping track of its men’s pro victories ever since the Cam & 1/2 hit the market in 2003. Counting IBO, ASA, NAA, NFAA and FITA – all five major tournament circuits worldwide – Team Hoyt has recorded more than double the number of first-place men’s pro victories as its closest competitor. The following is a breakdown of the first-place, men’s provictories by manufacturer since 2003:
[/align]
Hoyt – 104
Mathews – 53
PSE – 11
Martin – 5
Bowtech – 0
Other – 1
[/align]
[/align]I'm a Darton Shooter but this was hard to ignore. I am a little biased when it comes to Matthews and their alledged magazine claims to victories and most winnigest bows ever. Maybe at Matthews sponsered events.Anyway Bowtech bows are wonderful as well. Don't pay so much attention to the hype in magazines. The bow that fits in your hand and talks back to your soul is the best bow. Name brand is just an advertisement.
[/align]
[/align]Justin
[/align]

Wish I was in the woods!

Just to let you know this was posted after someones question as to new bow.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:51 PM

I guess I fail to see how this acquisition benefits Bowtech at all..... I figured half of the appeal of the Ross bow was that it was a quality product from one of the "little guys"... I just don't see the financial up swing for Bowtech in this deal... Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Germ I told you Andy Ross was a D-bag. He probably T-bags too! Atleast when that Ross breaks you "might" have a place to get it fixed now.
If I get it relabled G5 will fix it[8D]

Why so mean? Do you need a hug big boy
Old 07-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Germ I told you Andy Ross was a D-bag. He probably T-bags too! Atleast when that Ross breaks you "might" have a place to get it fixed now.
If I get it relabled G5 will fix it[8D]

Why so mean? Do you need a hug big boy
Mean??? What Chew Talking About Willis??
Old 07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Mr. Finkelhiemer

[/align]
Hoyt – 104
Mathews – 53
PSE – 11
Martin – 5
Bowtech – 0
Other – 1

[/align]

[/align]
Bowtech obviously hasn't been proven in the tournament archery grounds, but that's because they don't payout and when you're talking big name pro's, they want money. Why shoot company A (Bowtech) when company B(any other company) pays out very well and their bows shoot just as well. Then again, it could be said thatBowtech doesn't have any "pure" target bows. In the grand scheme of things, Bowtech is geared more towards hunters. That could be because they are still a relatively new company. They've come up so fast, it's hard for me to believe. They will definately be around for a while.

I would like to know how many of Hoyt's wins have come from Dave Cousins. I'd like to see someone dig those facts up

And I think it's awesome that the Ross's will have the InVelvet

Old 07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Then again, it could be said thatBowtech doesn't have any "pure" target bows.
I disagree with that particular statement very much. The Constitution is as pure bred of a target bow as anything on the market right now. I have shot them all too including the Hoyt Elite series, the Moneymaker, the Scepter 4, the Slayer, The Apex series Mathews bows, and many many more.

I am not affiliated withany bow company of any sort at this time because I wanted some time to see what was the right bow for me to be shooting competitively, and I wanted the option to be neutral and try what I wanted. TheConstitution is the bow that I settled on after test driving them all, and I'm shooting the highest scores I ever have both indoors and out.

Back on topic.............it's good to see Ross in good hands and that they will prosper in the future.The marketing and R&D that Bowtech will be able to put into them will be nothing but good for the future of the company. This will also give Bowtech the ability to reach some additional dealers as well that can't get their hands on Bowtech due to territory restrictions, and will also give Bowtech another platform to introduce some new technology. Seems like a win/win to me for Bowtech, the dealers, and the consumer.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Bowtechs have been proven at alot of our local 3d shoots back home. They also do extremely well at league shoots. I am a firm believer that in the right hands any bow can win a championship. I can't really attack the article from Hoyt.com cause i just happened to catch their headlines while surfing there home page. I don't know your answer as to the Dave Cousins thing, but I Also can't access some websites from the computer here. I think Bowtech has some long ATA bows that are perfectly fine to shoot competitively. Bowtech has alot of financial backing now, maybe that will change. TheyARE considered one of the big three.

Justin

Old 07-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

At least we now finally have the long awaited ROSSTECH!!

Quick Reply: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.