Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Silver impreganated vs. carbon scent control clothing >

Silver impreganated vs. carbon scent control clothing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Silver impreganated vs. carbon scent control clothing

Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I have time I use every advantage I can & I am positive it helps. My Goal is Not necessarily to eliminate scent but to dilute it to the point that the deer can Not pinpoint it's source or determine how close that source is.

I know different parts of the country may be different, but here in rural Southern IL a deer that is not willing to tolerate a certain amount of Human scent would go crazy. I have a couple of pair of Merino wool underlayer garments that have the Silver fiber technology and also some of the Scent Blocker XLT Underlayer. They are nice and IMHO are an Aid to helping in a Complete Scent Control regimen.

Scent control is an all or nothing proposition. If you don't intend to do everything you can then you really might as well do nothing, except hunt the wind. I can guarantee you when I follow my regimen Deer sightings go up and situations where Deer wind me go down. It really depends on the lengths you are willing to go to remain as Scent free as possible, but to say Hunt the wind Nothing else Helps is Fairly Stupid.

Some do Not want to go through the effort, trouble, & dedication Scent Control requires. That's Fine! I totally understand that, and some don't have the time it requires, but don't make Fun of someone that does and say it doesn't work. To each there own!

Dan
Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 AM
Spike

Store clothes properly, take a scent free soap shower, spray on scent killer, and play the wind everytime and you will see success.