Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread. >

Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

I haven'tand don't usethe head so can't comment on how they work.

If you get Bow and Arrow hunting magazine Chuck Adams did his article on arrow penetration this issue. He has made no bones in the past, or in the beginning of this article about his dislike of mechanical broadheads. He goes on to say at the end that a slip cam design like the Rage, specifically mentions the head, is different and doesn't waste its energy on penetration, won't cartwheel and penetrates very well. He had nothing bad to say about the head, pretty sound endorsement there.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an "unknown". I hit but did not recover a deer using this head, last year. I won't say whether I think it lived or died. I don't have any way of truthfully knowing.
Probably one of those "marginal" hits you know. Deer probably died though.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Spike

Hey folks
I've been real skeptical on switching from my muzzys, but I'm thinking about giving the rage 2-blade a try this fall. My only concern is that my general only puts out about 62 foot pounds of KE. Would this be a concern of you? I don't care how big of an entrance hole I get if my setup won't consitantly punch exit hole too.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

1. That you have propeled a Rage BH at a living animal.
3 deer. 1 doe, 1 7 pointer, and 1 8 pointer
2. 2-blade or 3-blade
2 blade
3. What poundage was being drawn? Arrow weight?
70lb, I'm thinking around 350 grains +/-
4. How far was the shot taken from?
22,26,34 yards respectively
5. Were you successful in your attempt?
killed all three deader than door nail, the further one ran approx. 67 steps.
6. How far did the animal retreat before expiring?
no further than 67 steps all within sight
7. Your overall opinion of the Rage Broadhead.
Customer service is 2nd to none, had one head that the allen screw stipped out after i'd harvested the 8 pointer. I sent 1 broadhead back, and they supplied me with a brand new pack of 3 including a practice head. This head will deliver the damage, my dad's a huge montec lover, he and I both will be carrying these heads this season.
8. Pics if possible
the only deer I had a picture of was the one I posted of the doe in the snow. She was covered in blood from the exit wound all the way to her hing end. It was actually a little gorrie, my 7mm mag didn't do as much damage on a smaller doe that I shot in rifle season.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

shouldn't this thread be in the product review section? I definately understand the reasoning either way
Old 06-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Seif5034

shouldn't this thread be in the product review section? I definately understand the reasoning either way
I'm no Mod, but i would have to disagree. Where do all new or skeptical people go to for questions about the rage Broadhead? Right here in the Bowhunting.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.Thatyou have propeled a Rage BH at a living animal.

4 whitetails withthe ragein '07.

2. 2-blade or 3-blade

2 Blade

3. What poundage was being drawn?

70#'s

4. Were you successful in your attempt(s)

Yes

5. How far did the animal retreat before expiring?

30,50,30,50 yds. All 4 died within sight and 3 of the blood trails were visible from the stand

6. Your overall opinion of the Rage Broadhead.

Excellent.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

I aint here looking for an argument either way.I do sell the heck out of the Rage heads and if I were to shoot an expandable (I won't) the Rage would be of serious consideration.

But....... isn't this thread going to be a little bit one sided?
Most people that use any head and put it where it is suppose to go are going to sing its praises most of the time.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I disagree, BigBulls.

I've chimed in on a few threads where I didn't have exactly "glowing" comments for the equipment being reviewed. But I've only done so if "I" have used the product.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a doe with a two blade rage the first year they came out. Shot was 10 yard and hear is the heat gette'r, she was facing me. I know but believe it or not I practice these shots and she was close, and I was on the ground. Arrow went in here throat, came out her belly near the rear leg. I cut the windpipe, jugular, and one lung. She traveld about 15 yards. Huge blood trail. Head was in perfect shape. Bow was set at 72lbs and I am pushing right at 73lbs of KE with that setup. I will also include a link to my website and a review of the Rage two blade for those interested. Just scroll down the page and you will see it.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html

Quick Reply: Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.