Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 When will the does be giving birth? >

When will the does be giving birth?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

When will the does be giving birth?

Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default When will the does be giving birth?

In the Eastern states when is the proper time for them to have their young? I ask this because my brother called me tonight and said he had on video a big prego walking around acting weird in his back yard tonight for three hours. He said it was walking in paces and then lay down, paces,lay down...for three hours. He also said she was walking kinda stiff legged but was able to lay down and stand up fine, and didnt appear to have been hit by a car or hurt in any way??????
What do you think this doe was up to?Im thinking it is still way too early????
Old 04-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: When will the does be giving birth?

its posssible she is getting ready to give birth. I think they usually are some time in May
Old 04-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

I live in MD and the does are startin to pop, on the shore a buddy of mine was clearin some brush and found a tiny little one up in a briar patch. A old wise a$$ told me theres ruts starting in sept and some might not end til end of jan so that spreads the births out a good couple months.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

May. Early June
Old 04-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

I think that from about now through june depending on what part of the country you live in.I know that in some parts in my state the deer will rut in late december and into early january.I could be wrong though.I no I have seen spotted fawns in these areas in late october and early november.In fact on tensas national wildlife refuge the archery season does'nt open until the 1st of november,while statewide public season opens october 1st.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

In an out of whack enviroment, too many does it can be now through late June depending on when they were bred. Early and late births are common in a bad buck to doe area.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing is in concrete, but normal is a June fawn drop

Dan
Old 04-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

We've started seeing fawns this week here in central FL and bucks are growing velvet antlers.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Michigan......june-ish
Old 04-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

June is typically the month in which does deliver and begin to nurture their new fawns.

It is possible, like has been posted already, that doe in question may have been in the process of giving birth. There are records of does having passed their water bags and not giving birth for up to 4 hours later. Was there any mention as to whether the doe was making any noises or not? Typically, in such a prolonged period as such, does will moan and grown in an attempt to push the fawn out. There are also cases where the fawn will begin to appear when the doe pushes, only to renter the body when the doe gets up as she is unable to push it out.

Quick Reply: When will the does be giving birth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.