Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future? >

What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

ORIGINAL: dctkennels

Around NC I would say 120"-130" will be realistic, but I do plan on making several trips back home to Indiana hunting the same areas I use to. So in those ares 180"-200"+. Also plan on some guided hunts that could produce monsters, Alberta, and ect.

SMITDOG, I notice you have honest abe as your Avatar? You into coonhounds?

No, alot of my freinds and guys I work with are into the coonhounds big time. I'm into deer and foxhounds, I just liked that walker hound pic.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

we took 3 deer that grossed over 170 this year on our farm so honestly i believe we have a chance someday to get a crack at a 195-200 inch whitetail
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have seen 150 class bucks throughout my years, though few and far apart .... where I hunt now, I am thinking I'll stick a 130 in the next few years ...
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM

In Ohio, anything is possible. I'll be happy with a buck plain and simple. If i hunt around where i live 130ish i could see, if i hunt where i hunted this year, def. 150ish is not out of the question, in the same area as the hanson and beatty bucks were taken.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

I'd say it's possible for me to run into a 200 incher some day.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Around where I live in Northern Michigan a Buck that will Gross in the 130's is a top end buck. When I get moved back to Kansas I can set a realistic goal of a 180+ some day. But then theres always a chance on one of my DIY trips to MD or KY also.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I feel that i will take a deer over 200" eventually. I have seen one in the wild before and several others close to that caliber. Plus, i have a LOT of years left to live!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are all gonna think I am full of it but I am serious here. My fourth day I ever bowhunted I shot at a deer that was 196 6/8" typical but missed, I know because I know who killed it and what the B&C has it measured at. This took place in 2000, if anyone wants to pm me I'll tell you the buck. Two years later I saw another typical that was slightly bigger looking than that and the area is in Kane County Illinois.
I expect to get one in the 180-200's one of these days, currently I hunt a property that hasn't produced anything over the low 150's.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

For my area 130 to 140 is big but there are a few around that I've seen that go 170 - 180. I would be more than happy with anything 150+
Old 04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I hunt a 140" deer is probable. there have been some in the 180's taken and one NT over 200" so who knows? Things have really gone down hill since baiting and wolves.

Quick Reply: What caliber of whitetail do you foresee as a solid possibility in your future?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.