Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Animals?

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM

Default What Animals?

What animals would you not shoot with your bow? I was watching Bowhunting TV and they were hunting stingrays. That is one animal that I would not shoot if given the chance. There are also others that I have seen on TV that I would not hunt either. But I can not think of right now.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Animals?

I wouldn't shoot a zebra, monkey, elephant, or rhino. Just MHO.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most african game. Alligators, crocs to name a few. I probably will hunt for bears until I take one, and that will be all for me as well.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CNYhunter

What animals would you not shoot with your bow? I was watching Bowhunting TV and they were hunting stingrays. That is one animal that I would not shoot if given the chance. There are also others that I have seen on TV that I would not hunt either. But I can not think of right now.
i would shoot stingrays just to give them mother ****** 's what they get for killin Steve Irwin lol j/k i would not shoot a monkey (excluding baboons i would shoot them if given the chance)
Old 04-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be hard for me to kill a zebra, and maybe a wolf. I'm not sure.

A friend just got back from Africa, and said a zebra is JUST like a horse, even down to the smell. I don't like horses, but I don't think I'd shoot one.

My g/f's last name is wolfe[8D]And my school mascot is a huskie (and wolves look like them) Seems like a no-no.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldnt shoot a cow..
Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm driving all the way to the East Coast just for the chance to shoot stingrays. Don't worry CNYhunter, I'll try to shoot your share of them for you.

Rhinos don't hold much appeal forme, nor do hippos or walruses.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call me cold, but I'd probably shoot anything if it tasted good enough.

I think that stingray thing would be fun. Heard they are good eating too.
I wouldn't just kill anything pointless.
About the only line I draw at shooting critters with a bow is if they are big, tough, & can eat me. Then I'll use a gun
Old 04-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I was gonna say stuffed animals but I have shot them.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 PM

There are many, but it starts with eating. If I ain't eating I ain't shooting it. Unless, it's a varmit or an animal that is overpopulated and could be dangerous to the eco system. groundhog, yote, bobcat maybe. No lions, elephants, or any African animal, just don't see the point. I can see bear, deer, caribou, elk, any North American big game, I just don't see why anyone would shoot a zebra or an elephant unless they were natives and depended upon it like Plains Indians used to depend on the buffalo.

Quick Reply: What Animals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.