Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you shoot a.... >

How many of you shoot a....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you shoot a....

Old 04-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

Default How many of you shoot a....

Single pin adjustable sight? IF so why and what do you like about it, and if you dont shoot one why? I was looking at an Impact archery Cosmic, Or a TruGlo Brite Site with the TFO pin. thanks...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many of you shoot a....

I shoot a HHA Optimizer and love it. It is adjustable, however I have it set at one spot and don't move it. I've never liked the idea of adjusting my sight before I shoot at a deer...too much movement. You just never know exactly what range the deer is going to end up at. 0-30 yards I hold it right on the deer and let it fly.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the new HHA dial sight with a .019 pin. I love them for a few reasons I dont have multiple pins to look at in the moment of truth, 1 pin is simpler than 3 or 4hell I dont need to move my pin I set it on 25yds and can shoot out to 35 yards like this. The dial is nice for shooting longer distances also. I tried the impact archery sight 2 years ago I did not like how thick the pin was.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shotmy HHA Opti.for 6 years and I'll never shoot anythign else. As long as you can anticipate where the animal is going to be when you shoot and know those yardages or have time to range them you will have no troubles with the sight. They are slick and you can shoot a wide variety of yardages. Mine can shoot my arrows dead on from 20 to 100 yards. Also set up is a piece of cake. You can have your yardages set in less than 10 min where you would have to take forever adjusting all your pins with a multi pin sight. WCL
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah i shoot the HHA and it is great. Very Bright
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot one but i set it for about 25 yards and lock it in place, good for 0-30 yards which is as far as i care to shoot at a living animal. I bought it because it was real bright and the one pin is basically fool proof, the ability to adjust it for different yardages seems like more of a hypothetical benefit rather then a real practical one IMO.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

I like HHA products, I have an HHA arrow rest I used before I bought my Ultra Rest.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one on my Mathews. It's very bright...sometimes too bright and it's plastic[:@]. I'm putting a HHA on my new Guardian though.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

I will go aganst the grain here.

I don't particularly like single pin adjustables for hunting. Just because you hope to get a shot at a particular yardage does not mean that you will actually get that shot. I have had animals move to a significantly different yardage while at full draw. If I was shooting a slider, I would be having to estimate my hold over or hold under. The multi-pin sight allows me to change yardage accurately without having to let down.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree with 98. I only use two pins...a 20 and 30 yard pin. I do not like to have to over-underestimate in the heat of the moment. I want to approximately gauge the animals distance, then adjust the closest pin to that distance accordingly. Makes my job easier in my opinion.

Quick Reply: How many of you shoot a....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.