Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Two new places to hunt! >

Two new places to hunt!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Two new places to hunt!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Two new places to hunt!

Last night after work I had to stop at my wifes office. We had to go see a friend of hers that needs some electrical work done. Carie often volunteers my skills, and here was another freebie job. A big one too, I have to replace the panel in this house. It will take most of a Saturday and would cost about $1500 if the woman were paying.
While we were at Caries office I spoke to her boss. Hes the guy that owns the land,(300 acres),I turkey hunted on 2 weeks ago. I'm also doing some electrical work at his deer camp. He told me to go out there any time I want. I can hunt hogs year round, and any other game in season. That place is a 4 hour drive from home. It is in a 2 buck county and they grow pretty big out there. I'm looking forward to that and I'm going out there again in 2 weeks turkey hunting again.
Also while at the office I met a woman named Shirley. She is the office manager and the niece of the woman that will be getting a new panel installed. She offered to let me hunt her 75 acres. This is a 25 minute drive from the house,( Dustin if you read this its off of 85 going towards Ennis),and is a 1 buck county. I can go out and hunt hogs year round and can go place a stand and feeder whenever I like.
All in all this was a very productive office visit. My wifes keeper value has also gone up quite a bit!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Two new places to hunt!

That's awesome, Greg. A good deed goes unpunished!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, first time I didn't mind being "volunteered"! I am usually pretty happy to help someone out. Its nice to get a little gratitude back.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of my hunting buddies is a manager of a Brick supply company. Last year he had to drive one of the semi's out to deliver 60k in brick to the house. He saw a deer and the homeowner mentioned what a pain they were and how they were destroying her property. He came back and advised he could help her out with that problem and left with a 5 acre parcel to hunt and a property owner that would pay the processing fee for any deer he shot so it could be donated to the Illinois Sprtsman Against Hunger program.
This year we have more neighbors on board so we are looking at 20-30 acres of property with McMansion owners paying our processing fees to hunt the deer and donate them. If we get this lined up it will be the most rewarding thing I have accomplished.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:35 AM

Congrtas Greg!
It's cool how things work out just right sometimes.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new places to hunt .
Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 AM

Good for you, its about time things started looking up for you.