Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill? >

How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

Yep, herd this nut on the radio, 107.5 Murphy in the Morning for all you NC locals out there, guy on there is trying to pass a law, so that you have to pay taxes on what you kill as a hunterExpecially on public land, but on private too! He has a website... i think it's supposed to be up tommorrow, ill keep and eye out for it an update the thread.

He says that the land is taxed and belongs to everbody so should the wildlife.... here are some prices... for fowl game- $75.00

for white-tailed buck- $100 per point of 6 or higher.....(kill a 10 pointer, owe the govt. $1000)!!!
but hey if it has 5 points or less the price drops to $75.00 per point.

We laugh now, but do you think we could see something like this in the future? seriously something to chew on, get your feathers ruffled, i dont think it will ever fly anytime soon, but worse has happened, people were calling in and givin him heck, and i was trying, thisguywas a total nut case. what would you do if they tried to make you pay taxes on one of the only "natural" things left in this world?

I mean license and tags are bad enough if you ask me, it kinda Pissed me off to here this guy talk. he really got under my skin, it's hard enough to afford things as it is, Freakin rediculous. Im hoping I can find the website...

I think it was called www.paytokill.org but i get nothing right now.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:01 PM

Default RE: How would you like to pay taxes on what you kill?

He sounds like a tree hugger to me. It ain't gonna pass. He can go back to hugging his trees now. [8D]
Old 04-12-2008, 09:02 PM

WOW! [&:]. . .We DO pay taxes . . .they are called License and Tag!
Old 04-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Swift Arrow

He sounds like a tree hugger to me. It ain't gonna pass. He can go back to hugging his trees now. [8D]
No he actually said he eats venison, but buys it from a resturaunt,

He said it wasnt right for us select people to get free food, and the only reason you dont hear his supporters speak up is because were the ones with the guns
Old 04-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Ridiculous! That would only encourage illegal hunting and certainly go against any principle of QDM and herd stabilization. Who would want to kill a trophy. I like a big rack as much as the next guy, but I'd rather take a doe if that were the case.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see here... at his suggest retail price....for fiscal 2007-08 season:

I owe the IRS:
$5325 for ducks
$1650 for geese
$6450 for doves

Thats $14,550 which is over half of my taxable income for the same time period. And that is just my migratory bird hunting.....

We already pay taxes for hunting.... its called a license... and in Virginia 100% of the Department of Game and Inland Fisheriesis funded by license dollars. Everything from salaries, to vehicals, to projects like Birding and Wildlife trails that are FREE to non-hunters.... paid for by hunting and fishing dollars... save the few federal, non-profit (NWTF....thank you.... all the DU projects are on private lands) and other grants given by certain agencies.

That has to be, without a doubt, the most idiotic idea I've ever heard.... PITA's campaign telling college kids to drink beer instead of milk made more sense than this crap.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

We already pay an excise tax on every bow, arrow, cartridge and gun under the Pittman-Robertson Act, dedicated specifically to benefit wildlife. We pay our license and tag fees. We pay excise and road taxes on every gallon of gasoline to get to and from our hunting areas. A great many of us pay sales taxes on ALL our hunting gear. Then we have to pay sales taxes again if we take the meat to get it processed. In Texas, each year hunting pumps something like $5 billion into the state economy. Yes that's BILLION, with a B.

Anyone who thinks meat taken from animals killed by hunters is 'free' is supremely ignorant.

Edit: Latest numbers shows combined hunting and fishing economic impact in Texas at $6.6 billion.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 PM

The only way that is going to happen is if you let the democrats in to office.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:34 PM

Sounds pretty silly to me. If that ever passed I guess I wouldn't be checking my game. Flame on.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 PM

If that happens then the economy is further going to go down hill. Less hunters and too many deer causing vehicle/deer accidents and not enough food to go around for the deer will create more diseases and etc, etc, etc.... We need the Nuge!

Perhaps that's the goal is a declining economy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.