" />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Velvet update?

Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Velvet update?

Who is seeing velvet already, any pics?

None sighted by me yet.... Itwill besoon though! I am getting the shakes in anticipation

Old 04-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Velvet update?

No pics here. The only ones I can say were the 2 that were hit by cars 2 weeks ago, I should of went back and got the camera that day.[:@] Each buck had about 2" of growth.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't seen any yet, but heard from a guy who said that he saw some little nubs starting. Talked to another guy who almost hit a monster with his car, still had both sides.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Talked to another guy who almost hit a monster with his car, still had both sides.
Saw one last week driving home on the side of the highway grazing (still alive of course). Still had both sides as well.... young deer... basket rack.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Talked to another guy who almost hit a monster with his car, still had both sides.
Saw one last week driving home on the side of the highway grazing (still alive of course). Still had both sides as well.... young deer... basket rack.
What state are you in?
Old 04-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the last 3 years in PA, I've seen deer with velvet during turkey season. That's 2 weeks from now so I'm sure they are starting to grow soon.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

What state are you in?

Virginia

When I used to live in SC I'd walk out on the beach in late April to go surfing and see deer on the beach (I guess to lick the salt off stuff)... always see a few that STILL had hard horns.....and I'd see newborn fawns scouting for turkeys in late february/early march.

Further south you go... less defined everything gets....
Old 04-12-2008, 10:53 PM

Saw one small 4x3 still carrying last year's hardware last week. No velvet as of yet.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

No pics here. The only ones I can say were the 2 that were hit by cars 2 weeks ago, I should of went back and got the camera that day.[:@] Each buck had about 2" of growth.

I seen one yesterday laying on the side of the road with nubs on its head, dern shame.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:49 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Saw abig bodiedbuck last weekend that was sprouting. Not quite pop can sized ( diameter ) butclose. Very close to my honey hole. Found a decent 5 pt shed in that areabut don't think it belonged to this buck.

The bucks are in great shape coming off winter. I think it is going to be another very good year forrack growth. Really looking forward to summer scouting.

Tim

Quick Reply: Velvet update?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.