Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Morrell Bag
44.44%
Block 4x4
44.44%
Other
11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Which target?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which target?

I need to buy a new target tomorrow. I've got one of the foam layered ones from Bass Pro and I've worn it out in 3 months. I shoot a few times a week. Some of the targets I was thinking about are the Morrell bag targets and the Block 4x4. What are your thoughts? I'm open to any other suggestions you have.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which target?

the have the morrell yellow jacket bag and its held up decently. i got it towards the end of last year and it still stops the arrows well. i did shoot one up to the fletchings today and bugered it up a bit but it was in the bullseye zone. if i shot the other circles more often it would be in way better shape but oh well...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 PM

If there is a tractor suppy store near you then your in luck. The next time they bring in a load of trailers go to the store and ask or take the foam blocks that the trailers are stacked on for shiping. They stop the arrow fast and then you have 6 sides to shoot at and it FREE and you can make a wall of them or just take one there real light. If you ask to have a block of foam just make up some good reason like your kids school project or else they might start selling them as blocks.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: countryboy17

If there is a tractor suppy store near you then your in luck. The next time they bring in a load of trailers go to the store and ask or take the foam blocks that the trailers are stacked on. They stop the arrow fast and then you have 6 sides to shoot at and it FREE and you can make a wallof them or just take one there real light. If you ask to have a block of foam just make up some good reason like your kids school project or else they might start selling them as blocks.
countryboy, you're from Boca Raton, I work in Boca. I don't know of any tractor supplies around here though.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Typical Buck

Well I just bought a Morrell Outdoor Target for $99.99 at Gander Mountain. They also had the block 4x4 for $109. I popped into a local archery shop to see what they had and they had the Morrell Super Duper for 59.99 and and square 4 sided Morrell bag for 56.99. What do you guys think...is the Outdoor target that much better than the Super Duper? Super Duper is smaller, is that the only difference?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ya know I've got the block target and its getting a beating lately! I was surprised at how quick the broadheads( 4 blade) tore it up! I'm thinking of getting a Morrel bag and keeping the block for just broadheads! I shot alot of arrows this year already and the bag is my next choice! Imight even make a bag out of some burlap and save a ton of money! There ya go, buy a Block and make a bag![8D]
Old 04-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are a lot of good bag targets out there. I shoot a bag target for field tips, and a Cube for Broadheads. The Cube is the best Broadhead target I have used.

Dan
Old 04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is the Cube the Lime Green and Black looking target??? Pretty good target aye'!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Assuming that you just want to shoot field points the Morrell bag target is the one to get!!!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Cube!
http://www.archerytargets.com/Cube.aspx

Dan

Quick Reply: Which target?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.