Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who are you pulling for? >

who are you pulling for?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
ROSS
63.64%
G5
36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

who are you pulling for?

Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default who are you pulling for?

Im not really keeping up... just enough to know there are 2 sides. So can we get a generel HNI consensus on the matter??

Who are you siding with? Can also by choice be completly anonymous.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Default RE: who are you pulling for?

Well I ain't skeered. I'm pulling for Ross. I think one of the problems in this country is the bigger/more is better attitude. Ross is a hell of a great bow, and an awesome company. I would hate to see them pushed out by a huge company such as G5, ESPECIALLY the way in which it appears to be going down.

G5 makes extremely high quality equipment, there's no question of that. But, if this really is going down the way it appears to be.....A G5 customer I'll be no more.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rooting for the little guy, and fellow Missourians.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's no need to 'Root' for anyone.......they will both survive, continue to bring out products and I imagine grow within the industry.

Both companies are still going to do what they do only now G5 is forcing ROSS to re-evaluate the direction they want to take their bow line. Do they continue to market and sell a bow that will look identical to the G5 model and compete against a (in their eyes) "knock-off" or do they go back to the drawing board and separate themselves from those designs?

That's the only question here.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

There's no need to 'Root' for anyone.......they will both survive, continue to bring out products and I imagine grow within the industry.

Both companies are still going to do what they do only now G5 is forcing ROSS to re-evaluate the direction they want to take their bow line. Do they continue to market and sell a bow that will look identical to the G5 model and compete against a (in their eyes) "knock-off" or do they go back to the drawing board and separate themselves from those designs?

And there is the crux of the issue, who's designs are they?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it were that simple they're wouldnt be lawsuits.... i imagine theres more to it. JMO

I mean seriously, if all they had to do, if indeed in there eyes it is a knock off, Is say "Fine you want it? Take it. We got something better." If its the same exact bow, its hard to call less disirable fonting a "knock-off"....
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Champion Bow and they were forced out by Darton I think. They had to fold their tents, could not afford legal fees. So it can happen!! I vote for the small guy! ROSS!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-19-2008, 03:18 PM

I'm neutral. Business is business and we don't know the whole story....so its impossible to pull for someone on hearsay.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I'm neutral. Business is business and we don't know the whole story....so its impossible to pull for someone on hearsay.
Very true Dan, I shouldve thought of that before i made this poll.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: wallhangr

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

And there is the crux of the issue, who's designs are they?

Matt maybe you need to research more before you type, then maybe next time you might sound like you know what you are talking about. The design is all Ross. G5 didn't have anything to do with that design. They was machining Ross's risers. Don't knock something that you know nothing about.

Quick Reply: who are you pulling for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.