Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fenceline neutral zone? situation ethics? >

Fenceline neutral zone? situation ethics?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fenceline neutral zone? situation ethics?

Old 02-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Fenceline neutral zone? situation ethics?

A similar post got me thinking, would you support a fenceline neutral zone? case that bruiser is just on the other side of the fence, kinda like the fenceline is "our" property, like in football, and if so what would be the ideal distance from fenceline for this neutral zone? 1 yard either side? 2yds? 3yds? 5 yds? 10 yds?

1 yard sounds good, though I wonder if 1 yard is too close for bow, like your arrow might ricochet off some barb wire etc.....
Old 02-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Default RE: Fenceline neutral zone? situation ethics?

I dont think many people would support this idea

and plus, it really wouldn't matter if there was a rule made like this...a person either has ethics or they dont...1 yard or 20 it doesn't make a difference....I think in most people's cases they would either take the shot (regardless of how far across the line it is) or not even consider it
Old 02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

I dont think many people would support this idea
x2
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM

gun...100 yards
bow....50 yards

Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Icant see why hunters just cant make arrangements with the land owners around them like we did. All we did was approach 2 of the land owners that boarder us and we asked them if there were spots along our fenceline that they would like to hunt and then we told them of a few places that we'd like to hunt along their side. We worked it out with both and have been happy ever since. One neighbor told us he didnt care if we shot onto his side anywhere or anytime as long as it was with a bow and not a gun, that was cool with us as we told him he could do like wise. Give and take is all it SOMETIMES takes. I also understand there are neighbors who will never be happy or you just cant ever get along with.

Jay
Old 02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fine idea Pass Thru, it really is UNTIL..........someone shoots a monster on the other side of the fence. With big racks equaling BIG money these days, it'll only take one time when someone shoots a big rack on the other side of the fence to spoil your agreements.
There are still places that neighbors are still neighborly. Take my familys farm in KS. as example. We hunt on most of our neighbors land, and they hunt on ours. During rifle season, often times, all the neighbors hunt together, helping each other fill tags. Porbably won't be that way forever, BUT it sure is nice when everyone gets together with a common goal in mind, to kill deer! There's still not any deer in that area with anyone's name on them.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

Fine idea Pass Thru, it really is UNTIL..........someone shoots a monster on the other side of the fence. With big racks equaling BIG money these days, it'll only take one time when someone shoots a big rack on the other side of the fence to spoil your agreements.
There are still places that neighbors are still neighborly. Take my familys farm in KS. as example. We hunt on most of our neighbors land, and they hunt on ours. During rifle season, often times, all the neighbors hunt together, helping each other fill tags. Porbably won't be that way forever, BUT it sure is nice when everyone gets together with a common goal in mind, to kill deer! There's still not any deer in that area with anyone's name on them.
This reminds me of a buck that was killed close to home several years ago. I guy shot it with a muzzleloader, the buck crossed onto another property where evidently some pheasant hunters came across the carcass. The pheasant hunter wanted to keep it, but the landowner decided he wanted it, then the guy who shot it found out about it and he laid his claim to it. The whole thing ended up in court where I believe the landowner won. I saw the buck twice, and he was huge!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]