Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it? >

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I tried to get warranty work on my bow, but was denied
1.82%
I snapped a limb
25.45%
Bent Riser
1.82%
Requested modules/cam to accomodate draw length change
1.82%
Strings
0%
Dryfire
3.64%
Camo peeling
1.82%
Bushings
1.82%
Other
18.18%
Never had a problem that needed to be fixed
43.64%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Old 01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

So all we ever hear about is "lifetime warranty" this and "customer service" that, but I'd surmise that not many of us will ever have to put our warranty to the test.

Let's hear what happened to you, the make/model of your bow, and how the problem was handled (or mishandled, as the case may be). Have any of you ever been burned by the dreaded "non-transferable" warranty?

We want to hear all the dirty details.

Also: Let's also not limit the discussion to bows, but ANY archery-related product will suffice.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:54 AM

Default RE: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

The limb on my 2006 Bowtech Allegiance started cracking. The problem was fixed without even asking questions. Great customer service, I had my new limbs within a week or two.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to the proshop to get some serving done because mine was worn out were the cable meets the mod. So the proshop owner draws the bow to see something and when he goes back the cable slipped of the mod and I guess kinda did the same as a dryfire and snapped my limb. I got two new sets of new 2007 limbs for my 2005 Diamond Triumph. But it took 4 weeks to get my limbs back[:@]
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I've had to send bows back or get work done on them, I've never been asked for a warrenty card.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a Summit Viper climber, and I'd noticed that some rust had been accumulating on/around the "knuckles" in my climbing bands where the rubber shrink tubing had been chewed clean.

So, I wrote a polite letter to Summit's warranty service with pictures of the rusty bands - advising them that the bands were under warranty, and that the rust was weakening the structural integrity of said bands, resulting in a possible a safety hazard. (I didn't want to fall and die.) Two weeks later, two brand-new climbingbands arrived on my doorstep with a nice letter.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

i baught a parker bow on ebay a year ago...it was an 06 model and i could tell string and cable where original...i went to adjust my sight and the string broke....took it to sportsmans warehouse (top rate company in my opinion...comparable to cabelas) and they put string and cable on it (no warranty for this - i paid for new ones) he saw that because it broke caused both limbs to crack...put in a call to cabelas and 6 business days later i have limbs (well they are suppose to be in today. so i am saying 6 days)...under warranty, no questions asked......to me that is some good service...

i have also purchased items directly from Parker...sent in email and with an hour or so he responded..i called him and had the item (wood grip) shipped that day to me....i cannot say anything bad about parker...
Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year when I bought my new Drenalin I had a problem with the camo coming off. I sent two different risers back and Mathews replaced them without a problem. My proshop owner did ask me with there was any chance that I was getting something on the risers but I told him no.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM

I had a set of limbs crack on my 2004 BowTech Liberty. I took the bow to the shop and the limbs were replaced with new ones in a very timely manner and without any questions. A few weeks later the limb cracked again. I contacted a BowTech rep and to say that BowTech went above and beyond what any other company would do is an understatement. I was told that I could choose any brand new 2005 BowTech from the catalog and they would replace my 04 Liberty with the 05 model of my choosing, this is without this rep ever seeing my bow. I sent my Liberty to him and in no time at all I had a 2005 Allegiance. Come to find out that my Liberty had a warped riser which was more than likely caused by the "tech guy" at the shop I purchased the bow from not pressing it correctly. This type of customer service is unheard of and a major reason that I am a diehard BowTech fan!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not answering this poll, I don't want to jinx myself!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Typical Buck

nope cuz i own a Mathews!

Quick Reply: Bow Warranty - have you ever had to use it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.