Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE Whitetail Obsession >

PSE Whitetail Obsession

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Whitetail Obsession

Old 01-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Default PSE Whitetail Obsession

I'm a newbie here. I bought a PSE Whitetail Obsession for Christmas from Bass Pro. Really pleased with it for now but I've been away from bow hunting several years now. All I have to compare it to was on old Bear Brown bear from the late 70s?, which is no comparison to today's bows. Does anyone have one of these Whitetail Obsessions to give me any feedeback, good or bad. From what I have been told, it was made by PSE just for Bass Pro.
Considering buying another one for myself but wonder if I should avoid it and look at something else....
Old 01-25-2008, 11:42 AM

Default RE: PSE Whitetail Obsession

I have the PSE X Force, top end bow for PSE, I love it. Warranty in great as well. Don't know about your bow, but I would take it to your local archery pro shop and have them check it over.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a lot of bows when I was looking for my new one back around Christmas. I was not impressed with the PSE. I went with the Bear Instinct (as I was somewhat limited in budget). I suggest shooting as many bows as you can and then decide what you like best.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome!!! PSE makes very good bows and they stand behind them!!!!!But if your going to get another bow then go try a few more out.Makes for a fun day.GOOD LUCK!!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:22 PM

LAST YEAR I SHOT AND LOVED THE X FORCE, DIDN'T BUY ONE THOUGH, BUT MY BUDDY DID. THE LOWER END OF PSE, DIDN'T SEEM TO BE AS NICE AS BOWTECH AND FRED BEAR LOWER END MODELS. EVEN PARKER HAD AGOOD LOW END MODEL LAST YEAR. I WAS REALLY SURPRISED AT HOW WELL THE ELEMENT SHOT FROM BEAR.YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK OUT MISSION ARCHERY, BASICALLY OLD MATHEWS DESIGNS, WITH A GOOD PRICE. THOSE OLD DESIGNS MADE MATHEWS WHAT IT IS TO DAY. I HAVEN'T SHOT ANY, BUT I HAVE SEEN SEVERAL GOOD REVIEWS ON THEM. BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR BOW PURCHASE.