Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal) >

Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
2 flash camera
69.57%
1 no flash camera
30.43%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

Old 01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal).

I am thinking get one no-flash so that i dont spook as many deer
Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

two flash cameras.......deer may get spoked by a flash of light...but i am always thinking..a deer does not know what a "flash of light" is so worst case senerio i think he or she would just not walk right on that trail again...he is not going to leave that area because some flash of light ....atleast that is my experience with it....
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

I have 2 flash cameras...had a no flash and took it back for a flash camera...picture quality was better and wasn't blurry
Old 01-15-2008, 04:29 PM

I am thinking get one no-flash so that i dont spook as many deer

Got any proof? I would get two flash cameras and double my odds. In my area flash doesn't seem to spoke or alter deer movement at all.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:35 PM

I bought 4 Moultrie IR40s last month. To my suprise when the pic was taken there were more deer looking at the cam than my cams with the flash. One evening I walked by the cam and discovered that all the IR lights turned red for at least 2-3 seconds while the camera took the pic. It totally defeated the purpose of not having a flash.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I bought 4 Moultrie IR40s last month. To my suprise when the pic was taken there were more deer looking at the cam than my cams with the flash. One evening I walked by the cam and discovered that all the IR lights turned red for at least 2-3 seconds while the camera took the pic. It totally defeated the purpose of not having a flash.
When you by infrared Dan thats what you get. Them little red lights gather the light for the pic at night. And when you take videos them little red lights are on for what ever length you have the video mode set for. These deer spoke more from the sound of my cuddebacks then the little red lights I think. Either way they get spooked from either camera in one way or another. I use the no flash cuddes, I feel better about it.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would go with the 2 flashes
ya get 1 more spot to have "eyes"
Old 01-15-2008, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

When you by infrared Dan thats what you get. Them little red lights gather the light for the pic at night. And when you take videos them little red lights are on for what ever length you have the video mode set for. These deer spoke more from the sound of my cuddebacks then the little red lights I think. Either way they get spooked from either camera in one way or another. I use the no flash cuddes, I feel better about it.

So, how does the Cuddeback No-Flash take night pics? Is it the same? I guess I could look it up. [:-]
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

So, how does the Cuddeback No-Flash take night pics? Is it the same? I guess I could look it up. [:-]
Yep, Same thing. When it takes black and white pics the little red lights flash for a second or so. When it takes video's at night depending on how long you set the video for, it can go anywhere from o seconds to a minute of video and the whole time its taking video the little red lights are flashing on and off. Some deer I've gotten video of spook and some don't. Allot of them are more curious then anything from what I've seen.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

2 flash trail cams. First I want as many cams possible. Second I'm not so cashed up that I can spend that kind of money and not care if its stolen(a real possibility where I hunt). Third I dont think the deer spook more with either camera.

Quick Reply: Would you buy 2 flash digital cameras or 1 no-flash digital camera (both total cost are equal)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.