Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
why do you bow hunt? >

why do you bow hunt?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why do you bow hunt?

Old 01-19-2002, 12:25 PM

Default RE: why do you bow hunt?

To participate in the circle of life that I have learned to respect through watching and hunting with a bow. I believe that everyone needs a chance to unwind and everyone has a different method some hunt, some drink, some use dope, some use meditation and the martial arts, some drive, some fish. I just found hunting and the martial arts to be my escape from daily stress. I also hunt to spend quality time with my grandfather now 76 yrs old, my father, my friends, and my son.
Old 01-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

No fancy answer here: it's just what I am and what I know. Rifle hunting in Pa isn't much hunting, as it is stand and shoot em when they come by. Archery hunting is just everything.
Old 01-19-2002, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

the same reason i hunt other ways because i like to hunt. man AKBOWHUNTER you'r a poet
Old 01-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Sig

I believe the reason i like bow hunting more than rifle is you have to get close to the game.There is something so exciting about hunting elk with a bow, and have them looking for you when you are using a call.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy it cut and dried ,started shooting a bow when I was just a kid. Killed my first deer with a bow in wisconsin while I was in the military .Now I only elk hunt because none of my friends bowhunt for deer .
Old 01-20-2002, 12:56 AM

I like the challenge and the thrill of taking a deer with my bow. I started in 1986 with a $100 PSE bow. I killed my 1st deer a 5 point buck that season and was hooked for life.
Old 01-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I needed a new challenge from using a firearmand bowhunting was it .It was the fairest way to harvesting a deer and getting as close to deeras I could ,This year has been a real challenge and I now can look forward to turkey season WITH A BOW yes definetly another new challenge .Bowhunting doesn't make things easy but certainly it makes thing very interesting

t
Old 01-20-2002, 05:37 PM

I hunt for the "sport" of it. Now, when I say "sport" I don't mean what Webster is defining it as. What I mean is, the sport of studing your prey, knowing what it's going to do. Taking a piece of land, scouting it, knowing what trails they use when and where they are going. Setting up stands amonth ahead of time, making sure everything is just right. Walking into the woods at 5 a.m., not making a sound, sitting in there all day. Waiting, during the peak of the rut. oderless, the only oders around are the ones that you want. Waiting for Mr. big to step out of the brush, perfect 20 yard broadside shot. And at that moment, when you release that arrow, you and that deer create a bond, a friendship, an understanding, that no one else can have. Sure,others can experience it but none will no that exact bond that you have made. Only then you will know the term "sport"
Old 01-20-2002, 06:56 PM

I bowhunt because there are too many irresponsible people in the woods or driving the backroads during gun season...
I won't say any more. If I owned a large piece of property I 'might' go out during gun season, but would still bowhunt as I have the bug now.
Old 01-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: why do you bow hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.