Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer with tumor? cancer? >

Deer with tumor? cancer?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer with tumor? cancer?

Old 01-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Deer with tumor? cancer?

My roomate shot a great 5x6 buck they went to gut it, and found a large growth on the knee, it was larger than a lemon. they cut it off and thought hmmm... should we still eat it? they then gutted it and found a tumor/cancer bigger than a football in it's chest. I can't find anywhere on the internet info about eating an animal like that. they decided not to. but i was wondering if anyone knows any health downfall from eating deer like that. thank!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer with tumor? cancer?

I wouldn't eat it either! My dad shot a doe about 10 years back that had a tumor of some kind. We contacted the CO and he took the deer from my dad and gave him another tag. It isn't worth risking it by eating it.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cut that bigTumor up into bite size nuggets. Wrap with a piece of bacon and a pepper and grill. Let the juices flow into your pallet as you slowly bite down on the tastey morsals. If the bacon adds to much fat to your diet just make a Tumor casserole.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL[:'(]
ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Cut that bigTumor up into bite size nuggets. Wrap with a piece of bacon and a pepper and grill. Let the juices flow into your pallet as you slowly bite down on the tastey morsals. If the bacon adds to much fat to your diet just make a Tumor casserole.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I forgot to mention that a grapefruit sizetumor will yeild about 2 cups of tasty tumor juice. The perfect amount for a pot of Tumor Juice Stew.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I forgot to mention that a grapefruit sizetumor will yeild about 2 cups of tasty tumor juice. The perfect amount for a pot of Tumor Juice Stew.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:35 PM

thats what I think[:'(]
Old 01-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:'(][:'(][:'(]i think i just throw up in my mouth i would not eat it and move away if i adeer gets a tumor you might. are there any nuclear power plants near by.

It is like you see a picture of a nuclear powerplant and people are fishing by the water outlet
ORIGINAL: Nichunter

thats what I think[:'(]
Old 01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Speaking of tumors, I saw a young buck with a freakishly large tumor on his chest just below the skin that was as big as a watermelon a couple weeks back walking down a fenceline.He didn't seem bothered by it in the least, but is was absolutely the strangest deer I've ever seen. I wish I would have had my camera along.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

There was something I think in the Deer and Deer Hunting magazine about that. Showed gamecam pics of a doe with a huge tumor between the front legs. Then the tumor burst and it was gone in a while and the deer seemed to be back to normal.

Quick Reply: Deer with tumor? cancer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.