Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Not used to cold weather!!! >

Not used to cold weather!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Not used to cold weather!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:06 PM

Default Not used to cold weather!!!

Here in Va it has been brutal!!! It will get all the way down to 17 degrees tonight!!! I know you Northern boys are telling me to cry you a river!! LOL!! But man Im telling ya, that is cold here in South East Va, Today was high of 38 and we were all bundled up like it was -10 below!! Go ahead, laugh, but damn, that's cold for us!!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Not used to cold weather!!!

Yep, I know how you feel, our high today was around 34 here in salisbury, nc. Forcast for tomorrow is a low of 13 in the morning and high of 38. You would think maybe we could get a little snow to go with the cold temps, but nope nothing but carolina blue skies down here.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Windchill will be in the single digits for us tonight...
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

34 is nice sweatshirt and jeans weather as long as I'm moving. I love the cold except when it gets below -10 for a temp (not including windchill).
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM

Had a chinook blow through today and melt quite a bit of our snow. First time I've seen it above freezing in awhile now. Pretty nice not having to wear long sleeves outside.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

its a lot lot colder in ga right now lol. our high was like 30 and the low was like 15 then 20 mph winds lol it was cold.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Here in Va it has been brutal!!! It will get all the way down to 17 degrees tonight!!! I know you Northern boys are telling me to cry you a river!! LOL!! But man Im telling ya, that is cold here in South East Va, Today was high of 38 and we were all bundled up like it was -10 below!! Go ahead, laugh, but damn, that's cold for us!!
38, thats not cold......
Old 01-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Dominant Buck

38???? Awe you poor baby. Cold weather hasn't hit here yet and it was below zero the last two nights. Got to a high of 11 yesterday and 10 today. We're on a warming trend though, it's only 2 outside right now. OH, did I mention all the snow on the ground and frozen lakes and rivers. 38....Pfffffffffffffftttt It's suppose to get up into the 40s Mon or Tues. If it weren't for the snow I could go golfing.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Us northern guys know how to dress for the extreme cold. 90% of the battle is having the right cold weather gear. I've found the key is to stay DRY meaning don't work up a sweat while walking to the stand. NEVER wear anything cotton. Stick to wool and synthetics. Layer, Layer, Layer. Keep your head, face, and neck warm. That works wonders!

Also, those boot insulators that go over your boots are VERY nice to have when it's cold. And keep chemical hand warmers in your pockets too.

Also, put down a rubber mat or carpet on your treestand platform. That keeps your feet warmer.

For the coldest days, I like to sit in a ground blind so I can wrap up my feet and legs in a big wool blanket.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats not cold. It's been 7 degrees here the last 2 mornings.

Quick Reply: Not used to cold weather!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.