Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 TruBall "Chappy Boss" Release >

TruBall "Chappy Boss" Release

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TruBall "Chappy Boss" Release

Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default TruBall "Chappy Boss" Release

Does anyone have any experience with the TruBall Chappy Boss release?

My archery coach at college has switched me over from a trigger finger style releaseto a thumb release. I have been shooting his TruBall Trail Boss which appears identical in function, except for its more swept back design where your fingers wrap around it. I really like it except for the fact that my pinky finger doesn't wrap around correctly (the release is too far behind) and I think the Chappy Boss would fit my hand better. I really like the single caliper of the "Talon" head on it, along with the sear style engagment and release.

Does anyone have any experience with this release? I'm thinking about getting it, but I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on it.

Thanks,
Steven
Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: TruBall "Chappy Boss" Release

ttt

Nobody has shot this release?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

They make a fantastic release. I preferred the shorter head profile of the of the Ultra Xtreme, but you can't go wrong with any TRU Ball. I shot TRU Ball exclusively up until about a year ago, and still have an ST-3 that I won't get rid of.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:46 AM

I have three of them and love them. I always shot 3Ds with them and traveled a lot thats way I had three off them. I have alway used there Tornado wrist strap before for hunting, but started using one of my Chappy boss this year for hunting. My trigger finger started to get a brain of it's own and not work with the one in my head. It great out a stand because I can put it on the string loop as I'm setting and when I see a deer I can just grab it to shot and it works great with heavy gloves on. All you do is tighten your fist when you are aiming at your target. You can hold your back tension better by pulling as you tighten your fist. You can,t shoot as fast , but you will made a lot better shots under pressure and shoot tighter groups. The talon head I think is the best head ever made for the loop. You just set it for you wrist rotation and lock it down so that you won't torque your rope by twisting it.