Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics >

12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics

Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default 12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics

I have always hunted from tree stands and have never deer hunted from a pop-up blind; but I'm going to start after this week. I put up my blind along a pinch point between a corn field and creekwith about 40 yards of CRP separating them about 2 weeks ago.I hunted it Sunday night for the 1st time; but I didn't really have high expectations for the evening.Then about 6:00 I had a good 120 inch buck step out of the corn and walk right to me. He walked within 10 yards of me and never even gave me a glance. I couldn't believe it. Then came a little 6 pt and they started a sparring match less than 10 yardsfrom me. You talk about intense. Then I had about 5 or 6 does join the mix; and after watching them for awhile and letting the bucks move on, I shot one of the does to get my doe tag filled.
Fast forward to Monday night and I found myself back in the blind only becasue Grandpa was cutting the beanfield where I have most of my treestands. Again I had lots of deer moving right by me, then about 6:40 I see a buck walk in from behind me and start working a ground scrape by a small tree to my west. I was still trying to decide if he was the buck I wanted when he jumped the fence and started right in front of me. I decided to shoot and let one bury right behind his shoulder at 20 yards. He bolted for about 50 yards and just stood there looking around for about 15 minutes. I couldn't believe it; I was certain I had made a good shot. Then he just layed down in the CRP with his head up for another 20. Now I'm really 2nd guessing where I had hit him. Then another buck comes through the CRP and trys to fight him while he's down. He stands back up and walks over to the creek bank. By now, it's about 7:30 and I can't see him becasue of light issues anymore. I stayed inside my blind until about 8:30.and then snuck out the opposite way and headed up to the grandparents house. Ihave killed over 30 deer with a bow and had never seen one act like this with what I thought was a good shot; so I decided to let him lay till morning.
The next morning I found him laying in the creek right where I last saw him. He had bedded down in the CRP along the bank so who knows how long before he expired. Much to my disbelief, I made an excellent shot on him getting one lung and destroying his liver. One tough ole boy I guess. We could notfind one drop of blood from where I shot him to where he died, including nothing in either spot where he had bedded down.He is a good main frame 10 with anice G1 split on his left side and a 1 inch drop tine under his G2 on the right side.
Anyone that I can email the pics to so they can post them wouldbe great. It keeps telling me my file is to large.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics

I'll help if none else stepped up check PM for address
Old 10-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can email them to me. [email protected]

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here he is...Awesome deer Congrats!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 10-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow great buck! And a ground assault at that
Old 10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck, congrats!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

what a brute... congrats on a great deer!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats that is one heck of a buck
Old 10-31-2007, 09:55 AM

Congrats on the awesome buck.

Quick Reply: 12pt. from ground blind/help w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.