Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

g/f has lime

Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default g/f has lime

not sure if you guys remember, but back in july or so i told of when i went to elk neck state park (in maryland) and got infested with ticks, alot of then. it took us like 3 weeks to rid ourself of them. i thought i was cool, but my gf just told me she has lime. she went to ER last night bc she didnt feel well. im guessing ill have it now as well. kinda of sucks. i think i was told once you have it you never lose it, is that correct? it was those lil tiny ticks. this sucks lol. i dont feel any symptoms and she said she didnt feel good, but i dont see how i wouldnt have it - walked thru same stuff with same ticks as her.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: g/f has lime

If I had a lime, I'd go get some tequila. Lymes Disease is a different story.
Brian
Old 10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

You say Lime, Here it's called Lymes Disease...and yeah, it really sucks..I hope you caught it early, you'll/she'll be fine. Just listen to the docs.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 PM

You didn't go to the dr. after you had the infestation?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope she gets well soon. In the mean time, hutn as much as possible while she is laid up in bed.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:19 PM

Sorry to hear that, like Rob said, if you follow the word of your Doc you should both be Ok.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My little sister (9) had it last year, she popped some pills and was fine in no time. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't underestimate lyme decease. I have a couple Buds here in MA that can hardly walk they have been so crippled up by it.
One of them had a fatal "accident" at the gunclub last spring. He shot a ram rod thru his chest. It went down as an accident so at least his family got some insurance.
The other guys got Bells palsy or something from it. His face just hangs of him like he had a stroke.
TAKE CARE OF IT EARLY!!!!!!!!!and you will be fine.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

man i hope i dont got it honestly. i dont want my face dripping off lo, thats not good at all. i went to the doc and she gave me some antibiotice. i had a reactiion, she gave me new ones, but after a week of taking them i honestly just stopped. i hope it goes away like you guys say. im never scouting in august again (atleast at this spot, i heard theres alot of ticks there)
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

it took us like 3 weeks to rid ourself of them.
Duhhhhhh... how's that. You find one you should shed and inspect and all that. If you're in known tick country you should do it even if you don't find any. I can see it maybe taking a few hours from park to find you have them, but certainly before I went to bed that night. WEEKS???? You can catch about the worst thing in the world from a hooker in Mexico and not take 3 weeks to get rid of it. At least that's what my buddy told me. I wouldn't know.

Quick Reply: g/f has lime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.