Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

TRESPASSERS

Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 PM

Default TRESPASSERS

WELL I WENT OUT TO MY HONEY HOLE SAT. NIGHT TO SCORE ON THE BIG EIGHT IVE BEEN AFTER. AND I GOT ABOUT 55 YDS. FROM MY STAND AND THERES A GUT PILE. SOMEONE HUNTED OUT OF MY STAND AND KILLED A DEER OUT OF MY TREE ON PRIVATE LAND.THE F*ING NERVE. I HOPE IT WASNT THE BIG EIGHT BUT I DONT THINK IT WAS A BIG DEER THE GUT PILE WAS REALLY SMALL. I HOPE I CATCH HIM IN MY TREE SOMEDAY IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME HES ABLE TO CLIMB UP ONE I PROMISE YOU THAT............... ALL THE HARD WORK ALL THE SCOUITING ALL THE TRIMMING. FOR WHAT SO SOME LOOSER CAN CAPITALIZE ON YOUR EFFORTS. IVE HAD IT. HANG YOUR OWN SETS DONT SNEAK ONTO OTHERS.......................THIS GUY BETTER HOPE I DONT CATCH HIM...............IVE HAD IT.......
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM

Default RE: TRESPASSERS

where about are you huntin Goosebuster??? that sucks big time...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:19 PM

I know what it feels like and I feel for you. The neighbor behind my land is tresspassing and poaching. I once found a deer with only the backstraps cut out and the left the rest of the deer to the coyotes. But, the thing is, I found 4-wheeler tracks going from my property to his and the DNR said I have to catch him in the act. I hope you catch him
Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM

ELGIN,IL.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:24 PM

HOW ABOUT YOU SEVEN,MAG. YOU ON PRIVATE UP THERE IN ANTIOCH...OR YOU HUNTING THE PUBLIC LANDS.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 PM

I'm missing bow season this year, gettin back into it after a long hiatus, i'll partake in gun season but down in AL on family lands...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

That just sucks. I had a lot of problems with treaspassers on my land. A few years back, I had stalked a herd of does. Set up on a trail they were about to come down and waited. Just as they got 30 yards from me, I pull up my bow and watch heads. Getting ready to draw, when all of the sudden I hear a blam. Some @$$holes were up on the canyon, on my land, and had shot a fawn out of the heard. Not only were they treaspassing, but were poaching as well. It was bow only season. I get pissed and scream. Big mistake. I should have followed them and got a licens plat number. I then called the game warden and he came out and searched for them.

Two years ago, I had someone come onto my property and hunt qual out of one of my stands, then steal the stand. I was pissed. I knew what they were doing because I could see 22 shorts on the ground, and a bunch of qual feathers and heads.

I also had @$$holes cutting my fence and poaching at night. They got busted with a little help from me. They were cutting one area that was hard to see from the road, so I cut a piece of 4 ich square tubing up in to a bunch of pointed spikes and buried them where they were crossing over. The game warden contacted me a few days later telling me hehad caught some guys in a pickup on my land with 4 flats.

Now I have to watch the neighbors. They will jump the fence and quail hunt on my land. It really pisses me off. The place they jump over at is one of my favorite funnels to hunt. They can really screw up a season.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:44 PM

i feel your pain - i just put up a post "inconsiderate....skunks" and im pretty sure the guy shot the deer outta one of my stands.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:20 PM

i hear ya on that burnie.... my cousin was hunting some family land that adjoins one our plots in AL (reminder, this is land that HE and his Dad - my great uncle - own)... he gets approached by 6 guys hunting the same piece of land and gets ran out of his own property literally at gun point... the down side is this... in the area our families land is, if you call DNR or police and report the incident the guys will come out and toss a match and torch the property and as dry as its been in the past few years it wouldn't take much either... my uncle owns a guns shop in the area and i've personally heard these guys talk about some land owner having a fire or some kind of accident if they post the property or forbidding dog hunting (which has since been outlawed in the area)... its friggin ridiculous, and there's not much you can do about it unless you can commit to being out and about on the property on a REGULAR basis all year long... our family has approximately 500ac, all of which is fantastic hunting property... the problems we've got is incosiderate PR!CKS that abuse any privileges that we've allowed to hunt... the land isn't leased to anyone, though admittedly, we (my uncles) have given permission to hunt it, which i don't have a problem with... what I do have a problem with is when my cousin and one of my younger uncles (about 10yrs older than me) get ran off and threatened on their own property... and I'm told by all my uncles that this is "just the way folks are around here" and its not worth the consequences of posting it and kicking people off the property... it sucks, cuz I wanna get down there during the winter and improve the land, do some trimming and clear some spots for food plots and etc... but i'm afraid to do it cuz I might end up dead...

edit - as an aside, relating to a previous thread about carrying a side arm with you out in the woods... well, i guess you know how I feel about it now...
Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

That is one thing that i cannot not stand. Me and my brother put in all of our time in the summer to work the food plots getting everything perfect, making sure we do not spread scent and then we go and find people trespassing. The thing that worries me is we have a cabin on our land with all of our hunting supplies - guns, bows, expensive camo, ATVs and a tractor- but the thing is, is that we do not live up there so we cannot keep a look out every single day. there has been numerous times when ive caught people trying to come into our land. If we leave the gate open for a day of fishing, theres people driving down OUR PRIVATE 1/2 mile of gravel road jsut because they think we accidentally left it open. Its not just flat out rude but its extremely dangerous to have people with guns hunting illegally. I remember when i was younger and my sister was out riding one of the ATV's when she i see her hauling @$$ back to the house because she saw some guy on our property turkey hunting. I mean come on! the nerve of that guy! we had the whole family up there with little kids) and this guys doesnt think we will notice a gun shot.

One last story- there was this one time when i was up there with my brother and we forgot to shut the gate at night, so we walked down the drive to shut it, and as we were leaving we saw this truck stop right in front of the gate. A guy got out walked to the gate, then i shined my flashlight towards him, not saying a word and he said " OH SH** there here!". so they took off. the nerve some people have.

Quick Reply: TRESPASSERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.