Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pics of the buck I shot this morning (updated with story) >

Pics of the buck I shot this morning (updated with story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pics of the buck I shot this morning (updated with story)

Old 10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pics of the buck I shot this morning (updated with story)

I got a pic of the deer about 3 weeks ago on my trail cam and decided that this was the deer I wanted to get.The pic was taken on public land in Montgomery Co. Md. that recievesquite a bit of pressure. Tuesday the 25th I saw him at about 30 yds, but he stayed in the thick stuff and feed away from me. I hunted the property several more times without a sighting. Then last night (Friday) I had another buck come in around 5:30. He offered me plenty of shot opportunities but I let him go with the hopes of seeing the piebald. About 15 minutes after the 1st buck moved on, the piebald was coming towards my stand on the same trail. As he moved closer to my stand he turned and walked straight at the base of the tree. He stopped 5 yds from me under the branches of another tree. As I watched him I suddenly felt the breeze on the back of my neck. He got a little nervous and started to walk straight away from me. He turned to the right, went behind a bush, I drew, his head and shoulders came out from behind the bush then an acorn fell to the ground behind him. At the sound of the acorn hitting the ground he ran about 40 yds. He stopped looked around then ran up the hill from where he had come, snorted and was gone. This morning I was back in the same tree. About 6:45 I see him on the same trail coming from the other direction. He works his way closer to my stand goes behind a tree, I draw. He stops turns toward my tree and starts to get nervous again. He stands there for what seems like forever (about a minute and a half in reality). Slowly turns to walk away then turns to the right and starts to head where he went the night before. He stepped into an open at 20 yds andI let the arrow fly. There was a loud crack, he did a mule kick and took off. I did not see the arrow hit and was not even sure ifI hit him at all. I looked for my arrow from the stand but could notfind it. After a long 50 mniute waitI climbed down walked over and found my blood soaked arrow. I took up the trial of dark blood. (a little worried that it was not bright red) But there was alot of blood so I pressed on. He only traveled about 70 yds and there he lay. (that white really stands out in the woods). The shot was a little back and he was hit through the liver. When I walked up on him I was supprised at how small he was. But that fact did not temper my excitement one bit. I guess the white made him look bigger then he was.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pics of the buck I shot this morning

Very nice... any story to the hunt?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool pie bald congrats
Old 10-06-2007, 06:02 PM

nice
Old 10-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Beautiful! Congrats!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

what kind of deer is it seems alittle white andsmall for a whitetail congrats deer of a life time with that color
Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Nice looking deer, but kinda of small,eh.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Dominant Buck

For those that don't know....it's a piebald. A piebald is a genetic anomoly......and it's growth will be stunted, naturally (by virtue of it being a piebald).

It's a beautiful deer.....and a real trophy. Congrats, sir!
Old 10-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Very beautiful deer...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gorgeous piebald. I would pass book animals to hunt that little guy exclusively. I didn't pass any book bucks when I hunted a doe exclusively but I did pass some decent bucks. I never got her.

Congratulations on a rare but beautiful animals. I'd love to hear more of the story as well. Had you seen him prior? What sort of mount are you getting?

Quick Reply: Pics of the buck I shot this morning (updated with story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.