Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now. >

The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now.

Alright Boys.

Heres The Stories.

After My morning hunt was so depressing and i was all bummed out Lowest of lows is what i like to call it. I decided to go get new broadheads, after i had the problems with my prior set. I went got my Muzzy MX3'S and shot them in for my bow in a treestand, 20 yards Dead X. Took me about 15 shots maybe. Anyhow its about 245pm now, and i was starting to get that itch.... Well i got my climber ready and suited up sprayed down with my scent stuff and went for a walk to my honey hole behind my house, wich is by my attempt at a food plot. Anyhow, its about 3:30 now and im sneaking up through the woods, Im not sure what it was but i saw something it may have been a fox, anyhow i get to my old tree and decide i diddnt want to hunt out of it since the deer i saw were closer to this white oak.... i stood there thinking for about 3 or 4 mins i walked about 10 yards toward the white oak and discovered something..... the only tree that i could use was the white oak that was dropping.... I was still in my lowest of lows mode, so i was like well im out here im gonna hunt goddanget! So i climb the white oak that was dropping... and If it could go wrong it went wrong, i forgot that green strap that comes with your summit to keep your seat in its place on the ground at the base of the tree then after that happened my little pocket Yatzee game almost fell out of my lap and in grabbing it before it fell i dropped my Caribiner for my draw rope. So the stuff is starting to pile up at the bottom of the tree.... i dont really know how high i was in the tree but i'll gaurentee that i was pretty darn high! like at LEAST! 26 foot or more. so im sitting there enjoying the weather and listening to the people in the trailer court down the street work on a garage.. when i look up and hear this harley pulling into this old garage this is about 300 yards away from where i was sitting, Dude i'll tell you guys what this guy got out of the looney bin and bought a Harley i'll gaurentee you that, He sat there for about 5 mins and reved that puppy up till it hit rev limiter and his wife did the same.. so im sitting there like yeah... im ready to go home now just sleep this one off tomarrow will be better....they leave and FINALLY its quiet. i turn around to look at my "foodplot" and i see a deer head moving around... mind you i can only see about the fisrt 15 yards into my foodplot before it turns, so i cant really see much i see this doe walking around im like woah!! i cant believe im seeing deer... then im like wow!! theres two... then three... they diddnt leave the foodplot they were sorta just being playful with one another. I broke out my cell phone and started making movies of them, im fully turned around in my openshot making a movie of this deer, theres a quad trail between myself and the "foodplot" its like 2 yards from the hidden enterance to the foodplot. Im sitting there enjoying watching them, and i hear this race quad comming up the trail im saying words you shouldnt say on a sunday im telling you im flipping out. I was like this cant be happening. SO the quad pulls to about 80 yards stops along the edge of the thicket (also the bedding area) revs that puppy up and she has 2 bags on the back of her quad with her.. i diddnt really pay much attention to the bags... she started acting weird and looking around a lot... she sat there for prolly 2 mins or so just looking around, she takes one of the bags throws it off and pulls away pretty fast i turned my cell phone on her, i have her on video about 30 yards from my stand anyhow she goes up the trail and gets about 20 yards from my stand im still recording. she stops.... STalls the quad. I whistle at her.... shes looking around like durrrr what was that i was like no i want to see what she does, after about 2 mins of looking around for me and not finding me she starts the quad, drives off onto the posted property wich NOONE I MEAN NOONE is allowed onto with a quad unless you know the owner and he dosent let ANY racequads onto the property. she goes over i can hear her ripping around getting on it a little here and there she eventually makes her way back past me with no bag on the back i got 3 or 4 more movies of her, driving without the bag and then shes gone.

So now its quiet again im STARING into my foodplot with so much hope i was like come on dont be scared!! come out PLEASE!!! so about 5 or 10 mins go by im looking around YES!! theres a Deer!!! YES!! my hope is restored... well
THE WOODS CAME ALIVE...... it was like they knew she was gone for good... it starts out i only see the one doe, standing in that little piece i can see of my 5 yard wide 15 yard view of my food plot... she slowly edges to the quad trail very cautiously.... then behind her i see another deer following.... her 2 fawns follow her... then another big doe, another two fawns, another big doe another faw another doe another doe another doe another 2 fawns another doe another fawn doe doe doe fawn doe. i was like Wow. they all headed in a line down the quad trail to the other set of oaks, i was so happy to have seen deer i could have shot they were about 35 yards away all broadside then turning into quartering away shots. SO. i was like yeah that was cool, the last doe is just exiting the food plot, i see another deer sorta trotting to catch up... i hear my FIRST EVER grunt. It was the buck!!! first thing i did was look at his G2. It was the right buck too atleast i thought it was. I was like ok come to daddy!! he followed the doe till she got onto the quad path, she went right and he went left..... for whatever reason. he started to walk broadside i broke out my cell phone and started to record him for fun. I could have shot him at anytime that i saw him idk why i diddnt, he walked up the trail about 15 yards went back into the very front of the thicket and did a basic circle, but when he got to the foodplot he stopped looked over at the white acorn patch i was in and started walking my way... i was holding my bow and i was like ohh crap!! my bowhanger is in the way.... i swear to it this deer is 20 yards away I REACH UP AND MOVE THE BOWHANGER..... he never even knew i was there... hes about 15 yards now. I start to draw.... he slowed down a lot now reember the part wher i said i was shooting my muzzys in..... well.... that plus some practice shooting to make sure it was the equipment not me had me tired.... i started to pull on my bow, i get it about 3/4 of the way there. and i couldnt get it to roll over... hes about 11 yards now... finally i give it all i have and with a lot of movement i get it to roll over..... i was like ok!! hes about 8 yards... i estimated where i should aim and i dont know why but i took a quartering to shot at 8 yards... i hit him pretty far back, i got a vital enterance wound and a gutty exit wound wich made for JUNK! tracking. the arrow flies and hits its mark, i watch his back legs kick up really high, he started to run off his tail went up down up down up down, wich at the same time my heart was going up down up down up down right along with him. i listen as closely as my deaf self would let me i hear him running through the scrub brush... then all the sudden it stops. i was like YES!! i get on my phone call my dad i was like HEY I GOT THE BIG BUCK!!!! hes like Alright man!! good for you. At that instant i looked up i was like hollie ****........ my heart hit the floor. right there walking out of my food plot was the big boy, looking around wondering why that little buck just ran past him like he did he is double the buck i shot im standing there on the phone with my dad about to cry im like i got the little buck by mistake!!! he was like hey calm down keep it together i'll be up. so i got to watch the big buck do a 20 yard circle of my treestand eating with its head down, i drew on him let down drew on him let down i was heartbroken. he never knew i was there he eventuallly mozeyed on down to be with the other deer. so my dad gets there im about in tears hes like hey! im proud of you your 17 and hunting by yourself scouting by yourself and you practically tought yourself my dad and me had a genuine father- son moment right there in the woods.

Its getting pretty dark now its about 6:30.. and im starting to worry i just got down to get my arrow and i saw it coverd in crimson blood with some darker colored gook as i call it all over it.i was like well i heard him go down, theres no doubt about it so i get onto his trail looking for blood looking for blood.... nothing i start to second guess myself... so i followed it for about 80 or 100 yards and i decide to come back to the begining start over. By this time a flashlight is a must.So i get to the point i was at before. Look around I was like well this is the last i saw him he was headed this way In essace he did a big J from where i hit him so im in the thicket i cross over my food plot i could see where he crossed my foodplot thanfully. so i get into the thicket its DARK now, my dad is standing watching my stuff to keep it from getting stolen I finally found blood! YES! my hope is back!! i felt like i was floating when ifound that blood, i marked it and did a circle YES!! found more blood!! this is what i wanted!! so i have a direction wich he was headed. i stopped looking for blood because it was becoming stupid. It got so thick bac there i was crawling... well i felt something on my hands as i got further into the thicket. i look down my hand is RED. with blood. well i look down the leaves are COVERED with blood i started to look around... nothing took about 5 more crawls look again... BAM!!! a dark choclate rack and a tail!! YES!! i stood up in the thorns started screaming I GOT A BIG BUCK DOWN!!! YES!! THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!! i ran out to get my dad ran up to him hugged him, we got all my stuff gathered up went to the house, put everything away i called my friend Dustin to get his four wheeler and help dragging my massive buck. he said sure hed be home in 20 mins. By now my friend chris is at my house congratulating me and then Bill shows up then bobby, then shawn, then Brian, Boo, Jimmy.... i dont know how but the word spread like wildfire all in all i think there were 15 cars outside my house. So dustin gets here i was like ok guys i'll meet you at the butcher shop up the road. They all take off me and dustin go get him and i got my pictures of him on my cell phone under the light of the Quad. Then we drive to the butchershop on the quad and i pull in my feelings were indescribable my friends were all pumped for me and everyone was telling me what a good job i had done, talking about how the broadhead cut a PERFECT triangle in him.... So i get to skinning my legs out and cut the feet off (for the record i work at this butcher shop so its free for me to do it so i just started working as soon as i got there) So i start skinning out the legs, i get them both done getting ready to cut the feet off my sister shows up with our digital camera. She gets a bunch of pictures with me and my buck in the skinning room of the butcher shop.... NO BOW present. Anyhow. thats the story.

I'll post the pictures from the butcher shop when i get them emailed to me.

The Rage Story will be tomarrow im tired of typing.

Any Questions ask me!

Ryan.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now.

Picture 1

Old 10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Picture 2

Old 10-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Picture 3

Old 10-02-2007, 10:43 PM

Congrats on a great deer!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck of a story, congrats again on the 8pt.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat's on your great buck ,sound's as though you had the feeling's that it was much lesser than you originally thought , Buck fever sure does odd thing's to a guy huh? I'll be looking forward to seeing your pic's tomorrow. Congrat's again on your buck.

nubo
Old 10-03-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on a great deer
Old 10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on a beautiful buck.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Cool! Nice deer!

Quick Reply: The Story of My Buck. With the pictures i have as of now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.