Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

pissed off

Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default pissed off

Opening day of bowseason and im sitting in my stand and only hunting a 5 acre peice of woods in the middle of feilds, its about 7:45 and 3 guys in street clothes come walking through the woods. It'smy girlfriends property and the guy said he is her cousin and him and his buddies are going to hunt the property. Since its not my property i cant do anything about it and they want to share the property with me.. ha ha im really pissed im taking my treestanddownand hunting somewhere else. This is the best part they road their fourwheeler through woods and then they asked if i was going to hunt later that day.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 AM

Default RE: pissed off

4 guys on 5 acres. Sounds like fun. Not. I'd be out of there too.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:49 AM

What a bunch of *****s. I would be mad too. I probably would have also asked them if it couldnt have waited until a later time say...... AFTER I GOT OUT OF MY DEERSTAND![>:]
Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Hard place, huh?

Talk to your g/f. Maybe ya'll can work something out.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Bartender

NO NO NO leave it up and continue to hunt.
I have almost the same scenario but with 35 acres and 7 guys.
I been going through this for 6 years now it works out fine.
They will peter out after about a month and give it up. Stay with it pal.
If you need more help with this PM me.
ORIGINAL: rookie51

Opening day of bowseason and im sitting in my stand and only hunting a 5 acre peice of woods in the middle of feilds, its about 7:45 and 3 guys in street clothes come walking through the woods. It'smy girlfriends property and the guy said he is her cousin and him and his buddies are going to hunt the property. Since its not my property i cant do anything about it and they want to share the property with me.. ha ha im really pissed im taking my treestanddownand hunting somewhere else. This is the best part they road their fourwheeler through woods and then they asked if i was going to hunt later that day.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the support i talked to my g/f and she is pissed because she hasent even talked to this guy in 15 years so i dont know what is going to happen but it is a terrible way to start the season.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

I have a simular situation happen a few years back. I started dating this girl and her great grandmother owned a farm. She allowed two guys to hunt the land. One of the guys "shared" his stands with a buddy. So, it was really three guys hunting it.

One got sick over the summer and had to give up hunting that year. So he never showed up. The other two used the land just for bow hunting and had taken some monster bucks off of the property.

Before the season came in that year I put a note on the base of the tree that these guys had a stand in. It had my name and number on it and asked them to contact me. they did. I talked to him. I just wanted to know where their stand were so I would not go in and mess them up since they were there first.

Well, right off the bat the fella got an attitude and acted like he owned the farm. He commented "this farm isn't big enough for all of us." I replied to him, "you are right. and considering I am taking the owners greatgrand daughter hunting, I don't thinkI will be the one asked to leave." And left it at that.

I stayed on the other side of the road and let them have that side. Well as the season went on one of the guys kept up with his comments. The owns granddaughter got tired of them as well and asked her grandmother to ask the guys not to come back. And she did. So, now I have the whole farm to myself.

These guys kicked their own selves in the ass b/c i did all that I could to not mess them up, but their smart comments got them kicked off the land. They were pissed. They killed several 130+ deer off of the land, which is unheard of for SC.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

thats cool man im glad it worked out for you how did your gf like hunting, mine offerd to be my bird dog
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

That girl and I are not together anymore. We parted on good terms and became very good friends. She loves to hunt. She can take my .270win on any day and out shoot me at any distance.

I had to move almost three hours away from the farm to take my new job so I will not be hunting the farm this year due to gas prices. [:'(][:'(]
Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

NO NO NO leave it up and continue to hunt.
I have almost the same scenario but with 35 acres and 7 guys.
I been going through this for 6 years now it works out fine.
They will peter out after about a month and give it up. Stay with it pal.
If you need more help with this PM me.
ORIGINAL: rookie51

It really depends on the individual hunters tolerance for this type of crap. For me, I have little tolerance so I'm not waiting for things to peter out because they may not.If anything, around here, there are more guys in the woods come late October than there are at the beginning of the season.

One thing I've learned over the years is that it is better for me to move to another area if the deer are being pressured by too many guys in too small a space. It sure makes my hunt less aggravating that way because I am in to this to relax and have fun, which for me, can't be done when the woods are crowded.

Your mileage may vary.