Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BowTech/No Warranty >

BowTech/No Warranty

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BowTech/No Warranty

Old 09-11-2007, 12:04 PM

Default RE: BowTech/No Warranty

Well I just happen to be the guy who has the broken limb on my bowtech and I have no complaints about the bow only about bowtech warranty on new parts.As I explained to bowtech I wasn't asking for a warranty on thebow just the new limbs, as long as I owned the bow and that they were put on by an authorized dealer. I am really surprised that they will not warrant a new part, I read where bowtech had problems with there 2005 models due to using poor material. Maybe this is what caused the limb to crack. I am not bashing bowtech but maybe they need to look at this situation and consider changing there warranty system.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

A friend of mine purchased a BowTech Alligeance from a private citizen. After a few months the limbs split. BowTech would not warranty the bow purchased from a private individual. UNDERSTANDABLE. however, he purchased new limbs from an authorized BT dealer and had them installed. BT sent him notice that even his new limbs purchases were not covered with any type of warrany. Pretty sad that they seem to be more interested in Fortune 500 than standing behind their product. Before I get yelled at, remember I said he purchased new limbs from BT and BT still would not warranty the new limbs. Too bad, decent bow[:@][:@][:@]
Well the bow is a unit. Limbs do not break on thier own. As one told me, "do you know any other bow company that would warranty them?".
High Country has taken care of my limbs and bow problems before at no charge.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 PM

I spoke with Mathews, Hoyt,and PSE, they all stated that once you PURCHASE REPLACEMENT LIMBS, RISER, or CAMS, that part is WARRANTED to the one that PURCHASED it, regardless if the original bow purchase was from a private citizen. Oh, when you buy and install replacement parts on your vehicle, they are warranted, as long as you purchase from and have them installed by an authorized dealer. Man better call a dentist, there are alot of exposed nerves out there. it will all be alright, have a great season. just Rod
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 PM

I don't think what you understand is that it could be a problem with other parts of the bow that are causing the limbs to break, when a limb cracks it definitely doesn't mean that it was just a problem with the limb. If your bow has a slightly bent riser that causes the limbs to break and BowTech replaces limb sets after limb sets, they are out of the money that it took to make those limbs, and for what? The would then be fixing a part that they warranted that isn't actually at fault.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 PM

Oh, when you buy and install replacement parts on your vehicle, they are warranted, as long as you purchase from and have them installed by an authorized dealer.
only if the vehicle is still under the original manufacturers warranty... are you tellin me that when your 10 yr old 200,000 mile silverado gets a new alternator (for example) replaced at the local gm dealer its covered going forward??? not hardly...
Old 09-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

There was a big blowup very recently, where all the new HCA Iron Mace owners found out that while our bow was warranted for 5 yrs, the limbs were only covered for 1 year (despite our warranty card saying the opposite). Well, a huge online ruckus was made, followed by a flood of emails and *poof* - everything is now covered - 5 years, no questions. LOL

The power of the American consumers en masseis far greater than a lot of us think...

Don't let these companies forget who pays their mortgages. Just stop buying their products...even for a month...and see how fasttheir tune changes.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:28 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

A friend of mine purchased a BowTech Alligeance from a private citizen. After a few months the limbs split. BowTech would not warranty the bow purchased from a private individual. UNDERSTANDABLE. however, he purchased new limbs from an authorized BT dealer and had them installed. BT sent him notice that even his new limbs purchases were not covered with any type of warrany. Pretty sad that they seem to be more interested in Fortune 500 than standing behind their product. Before I get yelled at, remember I said he purchased new limbs from BT and BT still would not warranty the new limbs. Too bad, decent bow[:@][:@][:@]
Well the bow is a unit. Limbs do not break on thier own. As one told me, "do you know any other bow company that would warranty them?".
High Country has taken care of my limbs and bow problems before at no charge.
Are you the original owner? They don't even have a warranty statement on thier website unless you want to email to a generic yahoo account. Now thats scary.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

Oh, when you buy and install replacement parts on your vehicle, they are warranted, as long as you purchase from and have them installed by an authorized dealer.
only if the vehicle is still under the original manufacturers warranty... are you tellin me that when your 10 yr old 200,000 mile silverado gets a new alternator (for example) replaced at the local gm dealer its covered going forward??? not hardly...
The alternator should be. The part bought and installed should be covered under it's own warranty unless there's something else causing the repeat damage. Falken warranties their tires, but if your front end is out of alignment and your tie rods are bad and they can prove this caused uneven and abnormal tire wear they won't cover them.

I would ask Bowtech why they refused to warranty the newly purchased limbs. If the response is that "other" factors with the used bow could damage the new limbs I'd offer to send them the bow and have it inspected by them. If there are no other problems, then ask them to cover the limbs only.

This may be a simple solution to your problem. Most companies won't just say NO without a valid reason. If you can get the reason from them, you may have some means to bargain to get your limbs covered.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spoke with Mathews, Hoyt,and PSE, they all stated that once you PURCHASE REPLACEMENT LIMBS, RISER, or CAMS, that part is WARRANTED to the one that PURCHASED it, regardless if the original bow purchase was from a private citizen.
Mathews must have changed their policy since I had repairs done back in 2005 on my Switchback. I had bought it used and had problems with the string coming off the bottom cam. So I took it to the local Mathews dealer and he said the cams needed replaced. When the shop owner called Mathews and placed the order for the parts they asked to speak with me and when I got on the phone they let me know that the parts would have no warranty covereage. They also told me that there was a good chance the problem could have been caused by a bad limb so they suggested I replace them as well. But I declined and thankfully the bow has been fine ever since the cam swap.

Even after that experience I would still buy a used bow. But I knowing accept the fact that I have no warranty. In your buddys case I am not surprised at all that Bowtech won't warrant the parts.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

Youare mistaken. I'm retired from an auto manufacturer. Parts are warrented reguardless of if the vehical is still in warrenty or not. At least from the manufacturer I worked 29 years for operates that way.

Quick Reply: BowTech/No Warranty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.