Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does it take to become Prostaff >

What does it take to become Prostaff

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What does it take to become Prostaff

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What does it take to become Prostaff

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

Mike why dont you have your own bio? Cool site BTW Mike.
I havent got mine set up cause we are currently working on developing the new website and everything. Its goign to be awesome. I think that since the whole Dish Network - MOR conflict we are going to be doing a free web-based show so it should be exciting. The new website should be done by October hopefully!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 AM
OGW

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

...Whatdifferenciates between prostaff and everyday hardcore hunters.
The first person knows someone who is in the business, owns one themselves, or pays for the titlebyeither cash or hunting rights to thier property so the company who "Sponsors" them can "Pimp" thier product while being there shooting big deer.

The second person...is the rest of us.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

I would have to say if you want to be a prostaff you obviously have to have the experience in the field, proof of skill and experience, so there for a few nice bucks/bulls under the belt, have to have lots of knowledge in lots of the fields in hunting, be it deer, elk, predator, bird, so a well rounded hunter.
You also need to have the time to attend the shows, and be willing to travel. I got a couple of friends that Prostaff, one for Drake Waterfowl, and the other for Avery. Seems like they both do a lot, for not much in return, other than discounts and the title of Pro-Staffer. Both of them are members of Huntingnet.
Both excellent points. I just became a prostaffer for G5.

First and foremost, you need to be professional and not blow smoke up people's skirts. Secondly, you need to be reliable. Thirdly, having some good first hand experience with the product and the sport is needed. Lastly, you need to be in the right geographic location. If there is a company that is growing, and does not have a prostaffer for you part of the state, often all you have to do is ask. If you are on one or two prostaffs already... then usually its as simple as signing a contract or asking someone at the company. A co-worker and friend of mine picked up the phone and called Double Bull archery, asked if they had a prostaffer for tidewater VA. They said they did not and offered him the spot. Free blind with it to boot in exchange for a weekend of demos at a hunting show.

Prostaffs are really just resume builders. Its sort of like having a certification. You might be able to run a boat up an inlet backwards and with your eyes closed in the fog... but having a captains liscense shows someone you know what you are talking about. Same thing with CPR and first aid. If you work in the hunting industry at all, having some sort of certification/prostaff/etc etc attached to your name helps people trust you right off the bat.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mike

Make sure we have a picture without sleeves!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Zdeerslayer, don't sign anything until you have an agent/manager!! I'll make sure you have enough $$$$$$$$,000,000 on the end of that check.... for a mere 15% of your total earnings! Your about to become a star!
Your in... But I'll need a website, my own clothing line, my own camo brand, my own bow company, my own show/video, and my very own minions, which will take care of any of the competition [8D].
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Mike

Make sure we have a picture without sleeves!!!!
Haha you know i dont own shirts with sleeves
Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Mike nice site....I've been to it before. I didnt know that you were involved with it then though.

I think that I used to desire a Prostaff spot, just to be part of something but here recently I just dont think it would as sweet as I thought. Besides I got a team....TEAM 45 Heart Stoppers......HooHoo. We goin all the way.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike nice site....I've been to it before. I didnt know that you were involved with it then though.

I think that I used to desire a Prostaff spot, just to be part of something but here recently I just dont think it would as sweet as I thought. Besides I got a team....TEAM 45 Heart Stoppers......HooHoo. We goin all the way.
NOT! TEAM 11
Old 08-29-2007, 11:26 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Who needs a contract, when you got a free hat, or a signature line to work with??? Like.. Duh.
The contract is what differentiates between being a "supporter" and "pro staff." A person can support, and even advertise a product, w/out being a staff member. There are several different staff positions.....Pro staff, shooting staff and hunting staff are the 3 I can think of. The contract is what "allows" someone to declare themselves a staff member of a certain company.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

NOT! TEAM 11
Oh your soooooo goin down.....and you dont even know it yet.

Quick Reply: What does it take to become Prostaff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.