Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What does it take to become Prostaff >

What does it take to become Prostaff

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What does it take to become Prostaff

Old 08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What does it take to become Prostaff

connections
Old 08-29-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: kshunter

"Pro-staff" has to be one of themost overused terms in the hunting industry.
I agree with this totally. Everytime I open up a Redhead magazine all I see is Prostaff Member Wiggles McGee uses a Hoosker Doo when he shoots yadda yadda yadda.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, my observation has always been that - if in your little head,you decide that you are a "Pro Staff" - then you are. It's just that simple.

It may be because somebody gave you something for free or at a discount, or justmaybe because you started your own little hunting "club" with some online buddies- then you are a "Pro Staffer" for that shop/company/club. Congratulations, you're halfway to becoming the next Bill Jordan.

For example, you go to the bow shop - owner says "Hey, try out these arrows - no charge." Or "Here, have one of these hats that I had made - with my shop logo printed on the front." Guess what?! You're a pro staffer.

Maybe you need a kisser button installed, he puts it on and says "don't worry about the couple dollars." Guess what?! "Saunders Kisser Button Pro Staff, Baby!" Like money in the bank...

Maybeyou email a company and say "I'm the top dog bowhunter in my area. Deer quake in their winter coats at the sound of my name. I want to try your broadheads, but I'm too cheap to pay for them." Then, some schmuck customer service rep doesn't want to quarrel with you about your huntingprowess, or hear your idle threats about how you're gonna "tell all your buddies to boycott their company,"so he gives you a pack of broadheads to shut you up and make yougo away. Guess what?

You got it! "Pro Staff Baby!"
Old 08-29-2007, 09:38 AM

Isn't that the truth. I guess we are all pro-staffers. hahaha
Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

LOL! You have no idea how many Mathews 'pro-staffers' I've met. They consider themselves pro staff because they got free caps when they bought their bows.... for full retail price.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Maybeyou email a company and say "I'm the top dog bowhunter in my area. Deer quake in their winter coats at the sound of my name. I want to try your broadheads, but I'm too cheap to pay for them." Then, some schmuck customer service rep doesn't want to quarrel with you about your huntingprowess, or hear your idle threats about how you're gonna "tell all your buddies to boycott their company,"so he gives you a pack of broadheads to shut you up and make yougo away. Guess what?

You got it! "Pro Staff Baby!"
Hahahaha
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's too bad that the term is overused. You have one guy who gets a free hatis a member of ahunting club and calls himself a pro-staffer. And another guy (like Hunsucker) who is a legit Pro-staffer for an awesome upcoming video for HB. I'll tell you what, if Hunsucker sold stocks in HB, I'd be the first to buy
Old 08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

For some, hard work
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 AM

That's pretty funny and the truth.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

hardcore hunter.
What?? [8D]

Quick Reply: What does it take to become Prostaff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.