Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broadhead wound pictures...*graphic* >

Rage broadhead wound pictures...*graphic*

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broadhead wound pictures...*graphic*

Old 08-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage broad-head wound pictures...*graphic*

Went on a hunt with a friend last year. He took a doe with one of the two blades... the blades sheered off somewhere inside the deer. Had a great entrance hole and a field point exit hole.

Deer bled like it does when double lunged. Dead at 75 yards.

Enough to keep me shooting Montecs. I'm a keep it simple sometimes sort of hunter. But, that head broke, and it still did enough damage, and left a very nice blood trail... not to mention that I've heard talk of the early ones being brittle in the blade department, but apparently they have worked all the kinks out. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of these pictures in the fall.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

They all look like two blade shots??? I wonder if the three blade rages tear em' up that bad??
That's not my understanding nor what I've seen. The two blade has a bigger cutting diameter right?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

'
That's not my understanding nor what I've seen. The two blade has a bigger cutting diameter right?
[/quote]

3 has a 1 1/2" and 2 has a 2"
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Thats sweet...Cant wait for personal experience...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Spike

i have shot jak-hammers for 4 years but this year i'm going to try the 2 blade rage.I definilty want to witnessthe results.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage broadhead wound pictures...*graphic*

From watching the Drury outdoors video's and seeing the damage they do; I'm going to try them out this season.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

All the talk is always about the entrance hole, because from almost all the videos I've seen, there is no exit hole. Those big blades rob the energy IMO. I'd much rather track from an exit hole than an entrance, especially on a high hit. The lower the exit hole, the fast the blood comes out. With a high lung hit, lots of blood has to pool before it starts leaking out. Again, just my opinion.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a lot of people have seen this already but here is a heart shot I put on a deer last year with the 2 blade Rage.

This deer was also quartering away and the entrance hole looked almost exactly like this one that someone already posted here.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

All the talk is always about the entrance hole, because from almost all the videos I've seen, there is no exit hole. Those big blades rob the energy IMO.
Not true at all. I shot 3x deer with the 2 blade rages last year and all had exit holes. As a matter of fact all 3 were pass throughs including two of them that were hard quartering away shots that took out multiple ribs as well as passing through the thin part of the shoulder blade on the far side. One of the quartering away shots was a 43 yard shot as well. I have shot a lot of big diameter expandables and typically they do seem to rob energy, but the rages are really a different head.......they penetrate as well as my 1.25" rocket steelheads did at least. I think you hear more about entrance holes with these heads not because of lack of exit holes, but because the exit holes are pretty normal sized holes for a broadhead. The entrance holes though are anything but normal.........they look like hatchet wounds.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

All the talk is always about the entrance hole, because from almost all the videos I've seen, there is no exit hole. Those big blades rob the energy IMO. I'd much rather track from an exit hole than an entrance, especially on a high hit. The lower the exit hole, the fast the blood comes out. With a high lung hit, lots of blood has to pool before it starts leaking out. Again, just my opinion.
Did you happen to catch the Wild Outdoors show this past week. Tammi Gregory, who shoots around 45lbs had a complete passthroughon a big whitetail.

I think it's a swing and a miss on this one. The Rage does not rob you of KE because of the rear opening design.

Quick Reply: Rage broadhead wound pictures...*graphic*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.