Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bought a bow today. PSE Fire Flite 33. Questions... >

Bought a bow today. PSE Fire Flite 33. Questions...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought a bow today. PSE Fire Flite 33. Questions...

Old 08-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Spike

Default Bought a bow today. PSE Fire Flite 33. Questions...

Hey guys, newbie to huntingnet but so far I'm really enjoying all the information I've found here. Great site.

Anyway, I'm fresh out of college and while at school I barely had time to rifle hunt and turkey hunt, so bowhunting was put on the back burner.

But now I've got the fever! Today I went to Cabela's and they had the PSE Fire Flite 33 with a decent sight, rest, quiver and 4 PSE Carbon Force arrows, cut to my length, for $249. I figured that seemed like a good price to get myself started bowhunting. I shot 3 arrows at the range and it felt pretty good so I jumped in.

Anyway, I was looking for more info on this bow. It's not on the PSE website, which makes me think it's been replaced with a new model. Any ideas where I can find some more info on it?

Now I need to find a release I like.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bought a bow today. PSE Fire Flite 33. Questions...

My brother and I havethe PSE Fire Fliteand have really liked it. Yes, there is a newer models out (Firestorm, Nove SU, and Deer Hunter Package)?). My brother and I arein college (I graduatethisDecember) and this bow was a good, qualitybow but didnt break the bank in costs. That's what we needed and are glad we got the bow.

I think:
-axle-to-axle length of only 33-5/8"
-8-1/2" brace height
-single cam
-forgot the weight, around 3.5 or 4 pounds
-let off at I believe 65% or more?
-IBO around 280?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yeah, the ol' PSE "Get'um model" as it's called at my bow shop. Great hunting bow you have. Texas Oaks info is all right on the head. Congrats on the new bow!
Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
Spike

Thanks guys for the input. Yeah, all I have is the info that was on the flyer. IBO is 295, of course we all now how IBO works. Subtract 15 from what they list! Shot it today a bit with my old 3 finger release. Going to get a new one tonight or tomorrow before I go adjusting the sights, etc. Shoots good so far though I haven't stepped out past 20 yards or so. Might have to try and stick a turkey or two this fall.