Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Preseason Checklist...... >

Preseason Checklist......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Preseason Checklist......

Old 07-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Preseason Checklist......

Well, archery season is looming, and it's time (probably past time, actually) to begin the preseason checklists....This is another thought for a journal entry, so I am interested in all the information ya'll can provide. I know the things I check over, such as making sure all bolts are tight on my bow, my stand is safe to use, clothes are washed, that kind of thing....I know there are things out there I don't think of that need to be checked just prior to season, and I'm looking for your input.

Also, what are some of your last minute purchases that need to be made? Scent elimination soaps and so forth, stuff like that....
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Preseason Checklist......

I'm gonna need a bigger freezer.

On a serious note .....I have been trying to make sure I have a "home" for all the venison I see on the horizon. It's tougher than you might think......but I won't shoot unless it has a good home. First 8 or so are spoken for.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I'm gonna need a bigger freezer.

LOL....I heard that....especially if you're gonna kill 8+ does this fall.....Man that's an aweful lot of burger.......wow....

edit; You know, that's actually a great point. For the hunters that DO plan on shooting quite a few deer, have preperations been made as to what they will do with it all. Also, has everything from the previous season been consumed? Good thought...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

mobo...

This is a good thread.....if, for no other reason, it'll get people thinking about making those last minute adjustments and preparations. I've been doing a little at a time.

And remember.....our does don't look like yours (I saw the photo of one of yours from last year??). Wow.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Dominant Buck

We're down to the short rows on consumption. It's worked out perfectly.

If you have a bunch of venison left.....might think about taking one less? I don't know. I just hate to see 'em wasted as much as anyone.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, that's actually a great point. For the hunters that DO plan on shooting quite a few deer, have preperations been made as to what they will do with it all. Also, has everything from the previous season been consumed?
Yes, and Yes. As for me, there are only three things I still need. A decent harness, a Thermacell, and a bow hanger.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get new string on my bow[X(]...sharpen broadheads....hang stands....
Old 07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife and I bought a new house, and we have a big freezer in the basement, which hopefully will be fully stocked with venison. Last year I held off on another deer because of storage problems.

About the only thing that I have left to do is buy new shrink tubing for my climber's cables. I also need a new quiver, can't decide 1 or 2 piece though. Any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

About the only thing that I have left to do is buy new shrink tubing for my climber's cables. I also need a new quiver, can't decide 1 or 2 piece though. Any suggestions?
I went with a one piece quiverso that I can take it off the bow and attach it to the tree once I get in position.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:58 AM

All great ideas guys.....What are some of the things we check to make sure are in working order, and good condition?

Quick Reply: Preseason Checklist......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.