Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Entrance wound pic...SF >

Entrance wound pic...SF

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Entrance wound pic...SF

Old 07-13-2007, 08:31 AM

Default Entrance wound pic...SF

This is the third hog I've taken with the same Silver Flame. He went 238 lbs., which is not bad for a piney woods hog that has no supplemental feed or cultivated crops nearby...they just scratch up what they can. Anyway, the combined total for the 3 hogs in terms of tracking distance is 59 yards. I can't say enough about these heads. Unfortunately, this guy drug it off into the woods with him and it is lost. I got complete penetration, but he broke off the broadhead end of the arrow somewhere. Blood trails are great and they hit the dirt fast. Too bad the SF's are so dang expensive and they are really hard to come by. Truthfully, I'd have to say they are worth every penny though...

Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Entrance wound pic...SF

WOW! That is very impressive. Congrats on the bacon.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:36 AM

Thanks...by the way, the hit looks too far back but wasn't. It was a perfect quartering away angle so I just aimed for the off side shoulder.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Red Boar,you have really been tearing those hogs up, way to go! I'm glad you posted the weight because the pic really doesn't do that pig justice.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

mmm...bacon! Nice shooting. Man I wish we had those things around here. Would really contain my urge during the offseason.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 AM

Thanks, BKE...this picture shows his size perspective a little better. He was definitely a chore to drag out, and getting him up on the rack was even tougher.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice piggy. I have been following your posts, these broadheads look insane. Where the heck do you buy them.

Shane
Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: sr77

Nice piggy. I have been following your posts, these broadheads look insane. Where the heck do you buy them.

Shane
Hey Shane, thanks. You can get them direct from the manufacturer, when available. They are presently out of stock. http://www.german-kinetics.com/
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice Pig!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:37 PM

Good lookin pig. I whish they ran wild around here as well [Indana]. The deer quality is getting better here and the turkeys are really making progress but I wish we had some wild pig to keep me busy during the offseason.

Quick Reply: Entrance wound pic...SF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.