Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Homemade climbing stick? >

Homemade climbing stick?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Homemade climbing stick?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Homemade climbing stick?

My wifes cousin made a set out of steel tracks from an old manure spreader and bolted the 4 sections together, welded the rungs on and welded eye bolts on for the wratchet straps and painted everything balck. they work great!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Homemade climbing stick?

ORIGINAL: chucker34

Anyone made their own? Or is this a bad idea from a safety standpoint? I'm thinking about getting a hang-on stand to put on private property this year in addition to my ladder stands and blinds and have plenty of treated leftover lumber from a deck project I worked on. I was thinking a couple of 10 foot long 2x4s securely connected together and with short lengths of 2x4 across them up the tree and the whole thing wratcheted securely to the tree may be the way to go. But any prior experience or other ideas? That is why I love this board. Thanks in advance.
I had given thought to the same thing a little while back. I think that you could do it as you described.